Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Few Saves From The Missouri Battlefield

jimmyk

Back to the Missouri battlefield I've been hunting off and on for thirty years. It continues to grudgingly give up some relics on every trip. Used my trusty F 75 SE. At the top are some rimfire cartridges. Below that is a piece of a harmonica and a coat weight. Below that is a nice .69 cal. Rifled Musketoon bullet. Found others with the blunt nose before. Also has a flat spot at the back of the cavity. Next to it is a mystery item. It's thin lead with a flat top and a rectangle hole in one side. Thought it might be a whistle, but not sure. Also, it had wood inside which came out in pieces with a dental pick. The rest are assorted shot bullets. Love the big .69 cal bullets. Especially with the ramrod marks at the top. Like the "mushroomed" minie as well.

Thanks for lookin' and keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Really nice bullet finds .... :thumbup:

It's unreal that a spot can be worked that much and still produce........congrats Jimmy, some really nice finds there.

It's a large area that I've only scratched the surface of. Currently huting on a 270 acre farm where "some" of the action too pace. Relics are widespread, so you have to systematically hunt an area to produce results. It's like eating an elephant You can't get it eaten in one meal.

Thanks for looking,

jimmyk