Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few spreadsheets I made comparing settings

Bill_S

It is too cold to detect right now and I was bored so I made a few spreadsheets. I was curious how things like the RX gain and the TX boost affect depth so I made some spreadsheets and ran some air tests. The listed depth was where I could get a repeatable signal with a fairly accurate ID. As you know there are many ways to adjust the V3i so take these with a grain of salt. The tests were done with nothing discriminated out and were done indoors.

Here is a couple with nickels tested at 22.5 with txboost on and off. When I compared the two and could get a nickel at the 9 inch mark with boost on and off. The boost on always seem to have a higher signal % loss than without it on even though the were both getting the same depth. Maybe the RX gain was at 3 with it on and 5-6 with it off. Make sense?

Thanks Bill. Nice work with the spreadsheets. I enjoy your dirtfishing videos aswell and I recommend them to anyone who hasn't seen them yet.

Interesting spread sheets - gotta look more at them on something bigger than my phone. I like your videos too.
I see you got 3 really popular detectors. I go out with the V3i and ATPro together and often hunt really trashy and iron infested sites. Usually, because that's where many seem to give up so I have a better chance if I'm patient and get the detector(s) set up well.
HH - Bruce