Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A First For Me and My Best Silver Day Ever!!!

roseon3rd

I did some research and secured permission to hunt a spot that I thought may produce some silver "if" it hadn't been hunted out before. The history of the "joint" was 1940's to early 1970's. Well, it has turned out to be one of the best spots I've ever hunted! I've been there 3 times and found silver each time. My take for the day Saturday was some normal trash items, some clad coins , a possible silver spoon or fork handle , 7 wheat cents, 6 silver dimes, and my first 1941 Walking Liberty Half! Yahoo!!! My GTI 2500 and I had an excellent hunt!
Thanks for reading. Photos of the coins below.
HH
Curt

WTG! :detecting::garrett:!! Gotta love those Walkers. I have some but I would like to find some! I bet if you cleaned that Merc dime in hot soapy water, it would turn out nice :thumbup:

you had a great hunt and got some awesome finds !!!!

The 2500 is a smokin' machine.

:yo: Congrats on all the silvers :yo:

Thanks guys! I don't usually post very much but I was pretty excited about these finds. I've been told I've located a virgin spot where I found these coins and I'm beginning to believe its true. I'm going back Thursday for a few hours if the weather cooperates and will keep you posted on any new finds.
Take care & HH!
Curt

Superb hunt due mainly to smart research. I've only gotten one Walking Lib in all the coins I've dug and I hope some day I score another one.

Congratulations!

Chris

What sort of place was it, so that we may all look for similar "joints" in our own areas?

The glorious thing about dirt fishin, Your 10th WLH will give the same excitement as the first. It makes you want more. Am I right???

First glimpse of a silver or gold item is way cool. Its priceless. Sometimes depending where your at, just a great signal, proper depth and reading, all lines up,,,, for a good coin is very cool by itself,, even B4 digging.Got to break and love the small stuff even if it dont turn out. Makes you feel alive.:thumbup:

Good luck, seems a sweet spot.