Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A first for me

This 1909 VDB was hiding deep in an old park near my home. I have found 5 other 1909 pennies but this is the first VDB. The old XS still finds the deep ones!

Way to go Mike on the wheat cent, it appears to be in pretty decent shape with full rims and good stalks. Now all you need to do is find the other two types of 1909's and you'll have a complete set of all four of them. I only have 3 and still need the big one. Good luck on your next outing, John

Nice! Looks in pretty good condition. Hope you find the big one.

I also have dug a lot of 1909 Wheats and have only found 1 with the VDB on the back. I also got the 1909-S Wheatie (with-out VDB) earlier this year at a Railroad Park that I had worked the year before and couldn't believe that it was there when I seen it. It was High Grade and booked for $100.00. I also got an 1887 Seated Dime from there that others had missed also, so it was 2 great Coins I found on 2 different days.

I'd go back and work SLOW, to a CRAWL, and listen for them warbled Signals that read somewhat Good and hit evertime or most of the time when you swing the Coil over them going slow. You'd be surprised how many Coins you will find you could only get Signals from going this slow. Congrats on that great find and Good Luck and HH to you on your next hunt.:detecting:

With 103 million Lincoln Cents made that year:
72 million 1909
28 million 1909 vdb
1.8million 1909 s
.5 million 1909 svdb

Looks like we need to dig over 200 1909 Lincolns to have even odds of finding the SVDB. I may have 25 1909's and 2 or 3 vdbs
Still no s or svdb. Heck, I haven't even found an "S" mint for 1910, 1911, 1912, 1913 or 1914. Guess I'm too far from San Fransisco.
Neal

n/t

Nice find Mike. It looks like it is in good shape to.