Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A first for me

BillF

Over the years I've found my fair share of old coins in change. Usually from the 40's and 50's. Today I decided that I needed to count up my spare change jug because it was getting pretty full.
After pulling out the quarters, dimes and nickles I was pretty much left with newer shiney zincolns so I was kind of surprized to see a wheat back staring up at me. Since it was almost as shiney as the rest of the pennies I figured it to be a '58 or '59 as I've found quite a few almost uncirculated wheats in those years.
I couldn't believe it when I flipped it over and saw 1916.
The pictures really don't show how bright it was with the pile of other pennies.

Yeah, I like it. It's a nice surprise to see an older cent in nice shape that hasn't been monkeyed with - cleaned.

with a nice patina. I check my pocket change every night coming home from work and these days for me at least finding a "goodie" is rare. A few weeks back I did find a worn but completely legible 1920's wheat penny in my change but for the most part older coins are getting pretty sparse. My last silver came from a vending machine and a "changer" at a car-wash....a Rosie and a Washington quarter but again those were infrequent finds. When I was stationed in Nevada in the 80's I use to play penny slot machines just to mine for Wheats. Ha! Use to find some but I remember back then thinking they were getting far and few between. Best of luck out there and HH!

Randy