Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A first for me.

jabbo

A real gun. 22 cal, 8 shot Beretta small pocket pistol. Beretta started making these small pistols in the 1980's. Found in the river, 12 inch deep water, no mud, river has a solid red shale bottom. There is a main bridge not far upstream and a high crime city full of unsavory characters. And so I think the gun was thrown in the river from a car. Last month in the same general location I eye-balled the Valentine & Bro 50th anniversary ceramic paper weight on the sand bank. The company went out of business many years ago. Will search that area again, many small pieces of very old pottery can be seen laying on the bottom of the river. A 1700's mill was located a little further upstream, somewhere. Jabbo

Booty, The paper weight is made of ceramic, the company made ceramic tiles and other ceramic stuff.

It might be from a crime. You might want to contact the local police dept. It could help solve a crime. Good job... KEN. Ind.

dont shoot the pistol it will not have any accuracy , watch out you don't get busted for having it .

ken ward said:
It might be from a crime. You might want to contact the local police dept. It could help solve a crime. Good job... KEN. Ind.

Yeah, Ken's right . . . that paper weight was likely used to bludgeon somebody to death and then tossed in the river to dispose of the murder weapon - that's the way it is in high crime cities full of unsavory characters! :yikes: :rofl:

-pete

OK, very good suggestion. Tomorrow I will bring the gun to the police dept in my town. Most likely it was thrown in the river because it was used in a crime.

With the Liberal mindset of those in charge in Massachusetts I hope they don't slap your backside in jail for possession of an "Illegal Weapon". If I lived up your way I would find a Large Dumpster and deposit it where it would never ever be found again.

Today, the gun was given to the police in my town. They will send it to police in the town where it was found. Police took my driver license info and asked where and when it was found. The gun has a lot of corrosion from being in the river for a long time. In its poor condition I doubt it can be linked to any crime, especially a crime from maybe 20 - 25 years ago. I think I did the right thing. Jabbo

jabbo said:
Today, the gun was given to the police in my town. They will send it to police in the town where it was found. Police took my driver license info and asked where and when it was found. The gun has a lot of corrosion from being in the river for a long time. In its poor condition I doubt it can be linked to any crime, especially a crime from maybe 20 - 25 years ago. I think I did the right thing. Jabbo

I think you did as well! :thumbup:

Jabbo,, I think you done the right thing by turning it in. You never know what story it could tell. You might even get an reward... KEN. Ind.

Great finds! :clapping:

I've not found a gun yet, bucket list item...I told the Wife I will some day...just a matter of time..
Mud.

GeorgeinSC said:
With the Liberal mindset of those in charge in Massachusetts I hope they don't slap your backside in jail for possession of an "Illegal Weapon". If I lived up your way I would find a Large Dumpster and deposit it where it would never ever be found again.

Yeah, jabbo, the OP and finder is in New Jersey, not Massachusetts - nice try , though! :clapping: :poke:

-pete

[size=medium]You did the right thing by turning it in to the police.
Hope they get back to you if indeed, it was linked to a crime.[/size]

John

I truly believe you did the right thing. This weapon could literally be the "smoking gun" that is needed( if a crime was actually committed) for arrest and conviction. Good job jabbo :thumbup:

jabbo said: