Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A First For the Quattro and Me!!

john4840

Hello everybody, today I went to a community park of a neighboring town. I wanted to go there because of the power lines that run through it and I wanted to test the smaller coil under them. In the past I have found a some wheat cents and 1 or 2 mercs there and that is about it. I detected there before with the Quattro and had to turn down the sensitivity down to around 7 or 8 to hunt this particular area of the park, Today, with the 6 inch coil, I was able to jack up the sensitivity up to 16. The place I was hunting was a small area where there use to be old playground equipment and there is no fill dirt. I think another bonus for this area is there use to be an old saw mill or grist mill across from it on the other side of the creek. You can actually see the old building and wall next to the creek where the wheel would have been. Anyway I started right under the power lines and found this skeleton key about 6 inches deep. This is the first I have found in the 25 years I been metal detecting. I am not sure how old it is maybe one of you guys out there answer that? It is fairly large about 4 inches long.

John

Nice find. I have no idea about its age but considering the area you've described and the depth, I'd think it has been there a fairly long time. Whatever all that means, if nothing else, it is a sweet find. Congratulations.
Don

Thanks guys, I have to say this is one of my favorite find. I went back today to the same place but didn't find anything interesting.

John

My guess would be that key is from around 1920's give or take. I found one almost identical a few days before you...maybe all to the same room! Keep up the good work. And remember a key has great significance...new doors are opening for you and it's all good!