Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Flat Button That's More Than A Flat Button

miserman

Today I was looking over the flat buttons that I have been fortunate to find this spring. Most of the flat buttons that I find have wording such as "Imperial" - "Orange" -"Gilt"-"London" and a few words. I came across this one that said "Jackson's Victory" around the outside rim, with "Standard Colour" around the shank and a plain front. Upon researching, it turns out to be a Presidential Campaign button from his 1828 campaign that was issued in 1829. It is catalogued in Albert's Button book as button # PC 78 and with a very high rarity value. This is another reminder for me to never assume what something is until it is given a thorough examination.....Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 77B486E5-02C2-4FB9-B642-0D2F6337E66E.jpeg
    77B486E5-02C2-4FB9-B642-0D2F6337E66E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • CC28CACE-FAC9-4D03-9C2B-DA95D5BC5548_1_201_a.jpeg
    CC28CACE-FAC9-4D03-9C2B-DA95D5BC5548_1_201_a.jpeg
    691 KB · Views: 108
Today I was looking over the flat buttons that I have been fortunate to find this spring. Most of the flat buttons that I find have wording such as "Imperial" - "Orange" -"Gilt"-"London" and a few words. I came across this one that said "Jackson's Victory" around the outside rim, with "Standard Colour" around the shank and a plain front. Upon researching, it turns out to be a Presidential Campaign button from his 1828 campaign that was issued in 1829. It is catalogued in Albert's Button book as button # PC 78 and with a very high rarity value. This is another reminder for me to never assume what something is until it is given a thorough examination.....Thanks for looking.
Howdy miserman--
Congratulations on that historical find! The rarity and monetary value is just icing on the cake. Glad that you took the time to give it a more thurough examination. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Beautiful historical button!! Looks to be in excellent shape too! congratulations on a very rare button!

WoW
What a Fantastic Find.
Congratulations.
May I ask what part of this little world you found it ?

Lessons learned and shared! Just never toss anything until you thoroughly inspect and clean. Thats s very nice recovery and a neat piece of history to share!!