Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A gift from the detecting gods ?

MNCoinhunter

Hi .... I have never posted here, as I had never owned a White's detector up until today. I came home from work today and found this wedged into my screen door ... no note attached. I live in a very small town and anyone who knows me knows that I am in the hobby. So I can only guess that someone was thoughtfully passing on this oldie that probably sat in their closet for a lot longer than it was used. Not sure on the exact age but a friend suggested maybe late 60's early 70's ? It takes fourteen AA batteries ... thanks for looking and maybe offering me any advice that will make trying this thing out easier. Although, I still haven't put batteries in to see if it actually works, given it's like-new condition I would bet it does .. :detecting: Only thing missing is a knob on one side .. thanks again !

How thoughtful of someone!
Personally, I'd hang it on the wall as a conversation piece, or similar. But, if you'd like to give it a try, here's a link to the manual:

White's Hip Mount Detector Manual

I bet it would work Dave...:clapping: you might not be too impressed with the performance, but it IS a nice collector piece, 1977-78.

wow! great neighbours you have. it looks like new

congrats on the machine!

That detector will work better than most folks think!
Learn to read the meter and you will be surprised how deep this machine will detect!

Dave, come back to Wisconsin, We can use it in the State Parks!, When they confiscate it you won't feel so bad! The Rangers don't wear white hard hats though! Just kidding, It was sure nice of someone to give you such a gift! HH.. Mike

codydog50 said:
Dave, come back to Wisconsin, We can use it in the State Parks!, When they confiscate it you won't feel so bad! The Rangers don't wear white hard hats though! Just kidding, It was sure nice of someone to give you such a gift! HH.. Mike

Now that is a good idea Mike !! Either way I am still going to come back down for another hunt before the snow flies again. Maybe you guys can take me to a good spot instead of making me deal with tall grass and irate construction employees .. :laugh:

But Dave, It was a good spot! (the key word here is "was") You are welcome anytime! I'm sure we can find a good spot.

I had a White's 6DB which I think came out in the mid 70's so this is probably early 70's. Although you didn't have a target ID meter, when you swung your loop over a piece of silver is gave such a sweet sound you knew it right away. I think the old 6DB and 6000D had the nicest sound of all time when it came to hitting silver.