Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A great day!

A friend of mine introduced me to his friend who is a fellow Marine and served in Korea. His home dates back to the early 1800's and every time I drive by it I dream of all the coins and relics. I had 4 detectors to share but began and ended with the Equinox 600. I detected a plateau on the side of the driveway first and found spme relics from the early 1900's but no coins so we focused on the front yard and my first coin was a 64 lincoln down 6-7". The soil was unconsolidated, sandy, and iron rich and I worried the older coins may be too deep. I couldn't hunt with the sensitivity over 22-23 due to interference so I thought I may increase depth and see through the tough ground by ground balancing. I forgot how and had to pull up a video. The manual ground balance worked and I found a 1960 silver dime down 7-8 " and then a 1959 dime. The finds were getting older as we detected across the lawn. A few wheaties later I received a mixed high tone that read between 18 and 23. I have learned to trust repeatable signals but the ground was mineralized and I thought it might be affecting the signals. I pulled up an indian head in beatiful shape. I handed it to the stoic old Marine and his eyes lit up and a smile appeared on his face. He said, " I haven't seen one of these since I was a kid. I then found a wheatie, 4 more IH's, and 2 more wheaties all in the same hole. I couldn't believe all the coins and the fabulous shape they were in. Most of my Indian Heads have been pretty corroded but these were clean. (Not all the coins were pictured since the homeowner left some inside.) I found a steady stream of wheaties and relics to keep me smiling all day. I really smiled widely and shouted loudly when I received a repeatable 32-35 near an old maple and saw the dark green disk in the hole. Just like almost all the other coins, I let the old Marine be the first to touch the coin. He asked what it was not having seen one in his 80 some odd years and turning it over I showed him where it read ONE CENT. It was an epic time with a great friend whom I teach Earth science with and a new friend who I was blessed to share some memories that will last forever. I gave the homeowner the coins and with an hour to detect I hit a local park and found a Barber dime, pendant, some wheaties, and my first nickle in 7 hunts that read a vdi of 12.

Great job detecting and making a Vet's Day!! Hopefully your efforts are rewarded with another permission or two or three or...………….

Laplander

Thanks guys he said to come back anytime!

Great story and you scored some good karma for sure.

Thanks everyone it was awesome to pull so many coins out of the ground in a day. It must have been amazing to hunt back in the 70's and 80's. I can imagine all the coins in the old parks. We didn't find a date on the large cent but we didn't clean it very well and I know it'll clean up much better. It was tough ground to hunt but the trade-off was the shape that coins were in most of my Indian heads and even Wheaties are badly corroded in my area.