Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Headphone Question for Equinox Users

Confetrit

This question is for Equinox users regarding headphones. I am presently looking to get the Equinox 600. I understand that the 600 comes with wired headphones while the 800 comes with the wireless phones. Being tethered to my detector is not an issue to me. I have and use the Grey Ghost Originals headphones and they are my choice for both sound and comfort. Now to my question: In yall 's opinion would it be best when purchasing the 600 to buy the adapter that allows the use of my Grey Ghost phones, or purchase the wireless phones with the 600? I guess I'm asking for opinions from those of you who have used both the Grey Ghost phones and the Minelab wireless phones in the past, and how you would compare the two as far as sound and comfort. I'm still learning towards getting the adapter and using the GG phones since I'm familiar with them and the cord is not an issue. Any feedback would be appreciated. :unsure:

Well.. I think the sound is much better from the "real Headphones" connected to the WM08. Just my opinion. I have tried all ways of connecting to my 800. Get out there

I made a waterproof adapter EQ800 to GG Amphibians, no complaints at all.
As wireless does not work when control panel of any detector is submerged the Law of Blue Tooth physics has not been overcome yet. Maybe someday someone will come up with a way to communicate from underwater to above mustache deep water until then I am wired,

CT Todd, Waterwalker, and Percy Gibson, Thank you so much for your time and comments on the headphones.

Having used Jolly Rogers with an adapter and then eventually purchasing the clones of the Minelabs (Miccus SR-71), I would save the cash and get the adapter for the GGs since you like them and are not concerned about the cord.

I do not think it would have been worth it to pay the full retail price for the Minelab cans, but I was willing to pay half that to give the SR-71s a try.
I was surprised how much I liked not being tethered to the machine, so I use the wireless exclusively.

The biggest downside to the wireless cans compared to traditional detecting models is ruggedness as there is a significant drop off in that area.
This was not an issue for me since I primarily hunt in public parks, residential properties, etc.

If you do decide to try wireless, the key is getting models that are "aptX low latency" to eliminate lag in audio.