Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A learning tool to better understand E-Trac for beginners

Jeff63

First of all starting out I just wanted say that the Emmulator with the 61 UScoins and the Gold and Silver Jewlery download is one of the best tools to learn the basics of the E-Trac. Especially learning all the control buttons and functions. Printing out the TDI numbers of targets and learning them is a must. Now for the 1st picture created on the emmulator using a blank screen in the combine section of the Discrimination I created an outline of all the different Trash areas to use as a visual to learn what type of trash is in what area which I can then learn what trash is in the same area of a good TID # target. Example Nickels are in the area of Pull tabs ,crown caps and foil,Silver targets are in the area of Screw cap and nails. You can learn each areas of trash on the emmulator and see how they correspond to each coin or jewlery.Watching your cursor is very important giving you more information as well as the Depth gauge In picture #2 I used the trace tool on the emmulator to show you in Red where all the good targets come in and how they fall into the trash areas so now you can understand why you have to dig trash to get the good targets. These are just visual aids it doesn't take into account for all the varibles that affect the target, FE # and CO #. Picture #3 I can use in 2TF and visually see where my cursor is jumping to providing me with additional information trash vs good target. With picture #4 I can get the same benefits using Conductive multi tones to train my ears to the differances in tones when it comes to good or trash targets. If you spend a lot of time just thinking of all the different kinds of information you can obtain from the E-Trac by watching your Depth, cursor bounce,Tone,CO #'s I think you'll be amazed at how much better you become in time.