Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little clad and an even tinier silver ring.

Ronstar

Since I left my F75 at home last week when we went to the OR coast (never believe what the weather forecasters say) I decided to get out for a bit to a big sports field. First hit entering the playfield showed probable dime at 5” so dug. Could not see a coin to save my butt. Handheld kept locking onto something but I wasn’t seeing anything, finally I found a real tiny and thin ring! First impression was it was silver but I couldnt see any markings. Check when I get home and continue swinging.
Next three hits were iffy nickels but out they came (vdi was more like tabs) and then an onslaught of dimes (12 total) and one quarter. One more nickel and then the tones went every which was but solid. Gotta dig! First glimpse I thought it was stacked coins but up came a key ring and the keys were stacked!
Started working my way back towards the truck and hit another zinc/dime solid hit so in I went. Another ring and I think its either copper or other junker material.
When I got home I cleaned up the two rings first, the silver has no marking but I dont think there is any room to stamp anything. It came out silver shiny and there is that blackish oxidation starting on it so will break in the home hobbiest kit I got and see what color reaction I get!!! (Ring is on the left and a dime on the right)

Attachments

• 44C4D926-2941-4837-ADB9-8802CC4EE9BB.jpeg
    44C4D926-2941-4837-ADB9-8802CC4EE9BB.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 101
  • 591787E6-0C2B-4704-BA81-301702B18D9B.jpeg
    591787E6-0C2B-4704-BA81-301702B18D9B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
Good job. I also found a very skinny man's size ring a couple months ago. Like you, it was also around 5-6 inches down and a little bent up. Couldn't really tell what it was at the time until I got it home and cleaned it up. Had to get out a magnifying glass, and could just barely make out the 925 inside. Very small stamp.

I'm also from Oregon. Southern Oregon. Do you have and experience detecting beaches on the coast? If so is there much oppertunity for good finds?

Only beach experience is Lincoln City area. A few clad coins, junk jewelry, a small “airline” bottle of Jack Daniels (score!) and a shock to me was a 14k necklace with what looked like a gold nugget as a pendant. Later the nugget was determined to be a mold and gold plated with probably dental gold. It was at edge of the beach where the trailhead starts up the bank, figure someone lost it either putting it in a pocket as they entered of it fell out as they were getting stuff out of the pocket as they left.
Other than sandy beaches having their own peculiar problems as does dirt does I guess ya find what ya find as you find it.

Tests at 925. I cannot find any markings so thinking this is a jewelry class project!!!

Tests at 925. I cannot find any markings so thinking this is a jewelry class project!!!
Great silver ring find. I've found that a fair amount of Native American silver rings weren't hallmarked. Any chance yours is from a reservation?

Nice ring find. A thin silver ring is easily missed.

Where I live is surrounded by st least three tribes/reservations and being a University town being NA jewelry is a high possibility. Usually, but not always, there is some type of NA designs or symbols. I really have no way of knowing…..