Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little help please

PDH

I just purchased a Deus2 WS6 Master with the 9 inch coil. It came in the mail yesterday with an 11 inch coil in the box. Before calling the dealer and asking for an exchange, I thought I would ask you Deus 2 users/experts for some help. Last night I did a little youtube research and what I found was very surprising. In those youtube videos it showed the 11 inch coil unmasking targets better than the 9 inch coil. I will be using the Deus in trashy parks and like everyone, I want the coil that will give me the best chance to locate coins hidden in the trash. I loved swinging the 9 inch coil on the ORX that I used to own. It was light and well balanced. I'm willing to give that comfort up a little if the 11 inch coil separates and unmasks targets better. I know youtube videos and real world detecting are different animals so I would greatly appreciate your opinions on the 9 vs 11 inch coil?

I have them all. Generally speaking, the 9" coil is better at unmasking. There are situations where the 11" could be better but overall, the 9" is better in my opinion....especially in the heavy iron and trash. I can also say that the 11 X 13 is great at unmasking and will out perform the 9" at times. It really all depends on the site conditions.

i love the 11" coil i have never use the 9" I just ordered the 13", all i can say is wow! I think the 11" separates just fine, very impressed with it. It gives me sooo much confidence whenever I go to a site. My two cents.

I have them all. Generally speaking, the 9" coil is better at unmasking. There are situations where the 11" could be better but overall, the 9" is better in my opinion....especially in the heavy iron and trash. I can also say that the 11 X 13 is great at unmasking and will out perform the 9" at times. It really all depends on the site conditions.
Thanks Lodge. Sounds like all the coils are winners.

i love the 11" coil i have never use the 9" I just ordered the 13", all i can say is wow! I think the 11" separates just fine, very impressed with it. It gives me sooo much confidence whenever I go to a site. My two cents.
Thanks for the input Explorer.

Oops! Dammit fellas, I have so many detectors I got mixed up. 6" coil is for the Legend. (head slap)
OH OH----Those coil ears on the Legend ain't centered!!!-----Better sell the whole thing & get the Equinox---that thing has 6" centered ears.-----Probably won't help you find any more---but, hey---yah can't have everything. ha ha

9" is all I use love it in the tight woods
Mark

Reactions: PDH