Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little hunt and a little silver...

roseon3rd

Yesterday, I made a trip over to a spot where I've been having some descent success with finding some silver coins. The weather was excellent and I had the day off from work so I hooked up with Shane and went for an afternoon hunt. We hadn't been there long when I saw Shane pulling a target from a hole and he smiled at me giving the familiar "Thumbs Up" signal. He had pulled a Merc dime from the hole so I was hoping that would be a sign that we'd have a good afternoon of hunting. (In reality, I was hoping that I wasn't going to get skunked on a beautiful afternoon by my ole huntin buddy!) Anyway, I hit several coin type signals and dug some junk and some clad pennies then hit a signal that said Dime at 5 inches. The signal crossed both ways and was solid and pure. I sunk the shovel in about 4 inches and pulled the dirt plug and found a dog-gone old style pull tab at about 4 inches. Now for the most part my old Garrett doesn't say a pull tab is a dime, so I was thinking it must be time to send it in for a tune up. Then I thought, well maybe, just maybe there is a dime in the hole somewhere. I prodded the bottom of the hole with my Pro-Pointer and son-of-a-gun if it didn't start screaming at me. Then I saw the edge of the coin. I tell you, there is no mistake that a coin is silver when you first see it in the hole. I reached in and pulled it out and eased some dirt from it to see the winged head of a 1940 Merc. Yahoo! No skunkin today! I went on to dig some miscellaneous items such as modern bullets and casings, a pocket knife, clad pennies, some sort of metal button and a 1965 close-but-no-cigar quarter. We hunted for a few hours total and I d ended up pulling a

Alright!:clapping:Congrats on the silver!:cheers:WTG!:thumbup:Happy Hunting!:)

What detector were you using?

The Garrett GTI 2500 is the only machine I have at the moment and pretty much all I care to hunt with. I am looking for a cheap back-up machine but I'm not in any hurry. I also have the 12.5 inches imaging coil but where I've been hunting the coins aren't that deep so I just use the stock coil. I had and sold a Fisher CZ-70 Pro which I enjoyed using and a GTI 1500 which sorta trained me for using the GTI 2500. I've found more with the 2500 than I have all the other machines I've ever owned combined. That includes musket balls, 3- ringers, belt buckles, silver & clad coins and jewelry items both silver & gold. Of-course, hunt location has alot to do with it also and I'm getting better at finding spots and securing permission.

roseon3rd said:
- I've found more with the 2500 than I have all the other machines I've ever owned combined. That includes musket balls, 3- ringers, belt buckles, silver & clad coins and jewelry items both silver & gold.
- Of course, hunt location has a lot to do with it also and I'm getting better at finding spots and securing permission.

You have spoken a mouthful with those words, Curt. Well done!

Nice Score on the silvers :thumbup: I believe 1946 was the first year for the Roosevelts.

Listen folks Curt never gets skunked. He usually beats me (I've got a habit of buying new machines and while he's using his trusty 2500 I'm trying to figure out what my new machine is trying to tell me lol). He's a great hunting buddy and he's great with the 2500.

HH,

Shane