Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little more nail board testing

I did a few more tests using the nail board today .Using TTF I could not get a conductive tone no matter what coil I used or which angle or sweep speed I used. Using my coin multi tone pattern I could not get a positive tone at any direction or sweep speed from the factory 11" coil. Using the sef 6X8 I good get a good signal from 3 of the 4 directions and using the 5" excelerator coil I could get a good signal from all directions. I still don't understand why TTF will not separate as well as multi-tone.

I don't really use TTF but I agree that doesn't make sense from all the posts on TTF that ive read. I thought TTF was supposed to be better in iron. maybe the nails are just too close to the coin. I wonder if in TTF if you lowered the sensitivity if that would help, since in TTF youre running with discrimination turned off?

maybe its just one of those things where there is no single perfect setting, no single perfect detector, for every single situation youre going to encounter. maybe TTF works better than conductive in areas where the iron is more spread out.

You said "Using TTF I could not get a conductive tone"----? What are you expecting? In TTF you either have a low tone or a high one and a high tone could be an iron false in you don't disc those out.
I get high tones in all directions with the 11" at slower sweep speeds , pos. 1 : it is after all a FBS machine and there's alot of processing going on here. The CTX with it's FBS2 is supposed to be a bit faster.
The numbers of course will be out of normal because of the amount of targets under the coil and the processor's averaging functions , but if you're using TTF and digging by the numbers , you're missing good targets all ready. Throw a galvanized nail in there and see what happens.

The only direction I have difficulty getting a high tone is parellel to the nail with the coin in position 2 with straight auto as sensitivity. This is with an open screen which is the only way I will use TTF and I dig everything with high tone but only in areas with heavy nulling and little modern trash.