Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little non beach gold streak

nolanation

Been on a gold streak the last 4 hunts. The key ticket?.....targets 12:05 and under. I figure for every 3 gram gold ring and above, there are several rings under 3 grams. I just recently started digging all 12:05 and below and it has been paying off. I dug the 10k black stone and (possibly diamond?) ring tonight, along with the silver cross ring. I dug the 18k necklace charm the hunt before that, couldn't locate the necklace though. Before that I dug the 10k 6 prong solitaire ring, but no stone, shoot!. Grabbed a bunch of dirt around it, and sifted it back at the house with no luck. Before all that I dug the 10k pink stone ring.

Also want to add this strange story. All of these rings were found in school yards. Today I was in one and there was a random napkin flying around the field (shown in picture), as I was searching. I said to myself "As soon as it stops I'm going to search under it and there will be a ring" Now I laughed after I said it, but ill be darn if the target almost directly under it wasn't the mood ring shown in the picture. This is a biiig school field too. CRAZY.

I also was at VA beach for the afternoon last week, and did a little searching there, found a handful of clad, and the iPhone shown in the wet sand. My first cell phone find. Unfortunately the saltwater got to it before I did.

I will be in Myrtle Beach 7/8-7/11 if anyone will be in the area? I usually use a TREX sand scoop, but I made this new scoop over the weekend I will be giving it a shot. Quite a bit wider and bigger. No metal parts or screws, so no interference with the detector, and I can scan the sand while it is still in my shovel. Happy Hunting!

Congratulations on the finds - I often look for the 12/05 and below in the winter - once I have cleaned out the other stuff. Maybe I should rethink my strategy. Now the scoop - neat idea - never seen one quite like that before. Took a lot of time on the floor drilling those holes I bet. Regardless, let me know how it works for you. HH - Shayne

You got the right idea although most of the lower readings (12-01-05) are trash, you can be pleasantly surprised.....a 12-03 saved the day for me yesterday with a
size 3 3/4 .95 gram 10k ring... I almost refuse to dig lower readings in the dry sand but in the wet and out in the water, they become fair game...

Cliff

I purchased a shovel that looks very similar to yours. I haven't tried it yet, I hope it works, I was a little reluctant to buy it.I figured it would be good for dry sand on a competition hunt with my club.

Jim