Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little of everything, including a Seated!

Took a trip to a town about 50 miles from the Cape, to a park I've hunted a couple of times before. Had some decent luck there previously, including a nice seated dime.

As soon as I got started, on the hill near the monument pictured, I began noticing a lot of filled plugs, and they were fairly new. Taking this as a challenge, I worked extra slowly and carefully up and down the hills. First good find was the Indian and Buffalo in the same hole. Not long after, got a nice silver sound, and down about 7 inches was a very worn, but clear date 1878 Seated dime. Added the 29 Mercury not too far away from the Seated. It's in really nice shape, so I added a pic of the reverse.

The last thing was the heart attack for the day when I thought I had a gold pin for sure- gold plated perhaps, but the back just had a couple of spots from where the clasp had broken off, and was certainly not solid gold- oh well.

It was still nice to have that much success dodging someone else's old plugs!

Enjoy the pics and HH all!

-- Jeff --

Great hunt, Jeff. I love those hunts with a variety of finds.

Great finds Jeff. Nice to see some action on the Explorer forum. We'll have to set up a hunt soon while the temps are still cool!

Nice hunt indeed Jeff! Ah! The flash of gold is always a rush. Plated or not. Haven't seen that in some time. Thanks for the eye candy.