Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a little pendant

had not much time or luck lately, but the MXT likes silver things. hit a very small regular cladding park at lunch. soft wet dirt. another charm/pendant, St Christopher-- says 925 Italy. it rang up an 80. well thats different. i knew it was a silver something. thought at first a dime but thats generally a 78-79 according to depth. was pleased for a quick lunch hunt. when the MXT rings up an odd number, its generally a goodie, especially if its stable on that number. 74 can be a silver ring, but the favorite malt beverage of the street folks is Hurricane- and the 'Cane" screwcaps composition and shape will ring up 74 also. so i have a bag full in this park, caps , not rings lol! gotta clean out the trash to get the treasure. thanks for looking. i cannot say enough about the MXT!

sweet silver! Is that a war nickel in the pic? It's a small pic but it looks like it has something above Monticello and it also looks brighter than most dug nickels.

naw just a regular nickel. there is some red clay mix in this park and as well as the good old black in town grass clipping fed dirt. ya gotta love that old dirt when your state is so much red clay. i think that was a scratch. i remember one was in a bunch of concrete spill and rock matter mixed dirt and it scratched again a stone. i have found a few war nickels here though. its a small area pounded to death but 800-1000 people will show up for freebie concerts. so occassionally i find something in the trash pit of wino screwcaps. the old pros got the silver back in the 70's. they dug it to death.

Love seeing that silver rescued. Great hunting and thanks for sharing! HH, Nancy