Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little silver, a little gold, a little gold/platinum

firstring

I purchased the 4 1/2" Super Sniper coil for my AT Pro. I installed the bad boy and took it to one of my sites that have some nasty trashy areas. I have found some good jewelry at this site and just knew it is not finished giving up its treasure. I wanted to see if the little concentric would do what it is advertised to do, and it performed magnificently navigating around picnic tables, benches and through the "uglies". The ladies 14k with white gold doves I found last week at this site. No, it is not a real diamond. I was pretty excited Saturday when I dug up the broken silver band and not more than two minutes later out came the man's band. At first I thought it was white gold and yellow gold. I looked at the hallmark still with gold on the brain and knew the 750 stamped was 18kt. I saw the Pt 950 and was at first miffed. It wasn't gold at all it .950 silver or was it? (Gold fever can affect the brain) I never saw Pt 950 on silver jewelry before, but people do some strange things with jewelry in some of those European countries, so anything is possible. It wasn't until I got home and showed my wife. She said it even being dirty, still had the same color as her platinum ring. Then it hit me. The funny thing about the Pt 950 Hallmark, why of course platinum - Pt. My first platinum ring recovery, with the AT Pro, using that little concentric coil in trashy area. I dug many pulltabs before this ring came out. I dug many pulltabs afterwards. This platinum ring VDI'd at 53 on my AT Pro; same as a pulltab. I wasn't even thinking about platinum rings. The ring weighs 10.4 grams. I checked the spot price of platinum and you know what? Platinum rings are currently better than gold rings. Spot price for .950 platinum at $52.08 per gram ($1,704.81 oz) and for 18k gold $40.71 per gram (($1,670.61) I don't feel bad digging all those "junky, trashy aluminum type signals", my wife doesn't either. By the way, I get this one - it fits me. I know if I can do it anyone can do it. Rings #3, #4 and #5 for lucky '13.The thrill of the hunt and finding is what it is all about for me. Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all. A special thank you to Garrett Metal Detectors for making a sweet machine and accessories for me.

Great hunt and great rings. Thanks for sharing, Joe.

That's a great hunt.
Congrats on the loot!

Nice write up and some great finds! I could feel your enthusiasm and it's contagious - I've been thinking about taking a break from digging bottles & marbles & relics and hitting the college and parks for some bling! Like you, I love the thrill of the hunt! Congrats :cheers:

Yeah! Very nice work, and a great informative write up! :clapping: Thank you!
Mud

Those are some wonderful finds. WTG...! If I get too tired at the river tomorrow, there's a tot lot in the small town I metal detect in and the whole center of this area was a place where we played basketball as young boys. Actually there are two tot lots and I found some clad and junk jewelry there a few weeks ago. I'd love to find some platinum or 14 or 18K gold rings. I wonder what else will turn up, this seems like a productive spot for you. HH.