Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Little Silver & a Little Gold...

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

I haven't been out detecting for over a week - that's TERRIBLE! My sweet wife went to Louisiana to visit her brother and do some fishing out in the Gulf so I stayed close to home to take care of business and the dogs. She had a great visit and caught a lot of fish and now she is home again and I am free to detect! Yesterday I went back to those abandoned homes that I have been hunting. I had been accepting VDI's from +16 to +24 and +48 to +93. Yesterday I decided to open it up and accept +9 to +93. I sure did dig a lot of Memorials 56 in total. I also dug $1.65 in clad, 4 wheat cents ( the oldest a 1936), a silver Jefferson and a 1.7 gram 14K gold ring. I'm glad that I opened up the discrimination - the ring VDI'd at 12-13. I still have the back yards to hunt. I'll just cross my fingers that the back yards are as productive as the front yards have been. Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Hey, that's great. Nice feeling to score after a break.
HH - Bruce

Thanks Bruce. The best thing about that ring is that it fits my wife's finger perfectly! Best of luck to you and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

At least you didn't have to go out and buy her a new gold ring..You got the thrill of the find and the smile from your wife. Talk about batting a 1,000. Congrats

Thanks Jimmy. Yes sir - it was one of my better days detecting! The smile on her face was priceless. She shows everybody the ring and says: "Look at what the Old Man dug up - it sure beats all of the "dirty stuff" that he brings home!" I get a laugh at that! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel