Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a little talk about multi iq ....

C

calabash digger

I posted a video down in the metal detecting section where I discuss the advantages of multi iq over the single freq of the deus.

It is a great video

Thanks couldn’t agree more that any detector should be judged on performance not brand name.Good video,

haven't watched the video but from my experience using a equinox it hasn't killed off my fav single freq machines, will check the vid thanks !

I have a bunch of other machines. Even if I wanted to sell them off with the used market what it is, it wouldn't be worth it. I don't have a real desire to sell them anyway, fortunately, but I really don't see myself using anything else. I had planned to get into the Impact and Multi Kruzer this year, as well as log some more finds with the Etrac, but now, I don't see those things happening. It's a shame to let them sit but it shouldn't hurt them any. The exception might be taking the Multi Kruzer to the beach so I don't get sand in the shaft of the Equinox. Otherwise, I really don't see myself using the other machines.

IQ-2018 said:
haven't watched the video but from my experience using a equinox it hasn't killed off my fav single freq machines, will check the vid thanks !
That multi iq will see stuff a single freq machine wont see ...... look at my test videos.

I've only used it three hours and I won't be reaching for my 15khz machine anytime soon.i stomped over a yard I've logged hours in and found my all time find in a spot I know I've walked over several times that's just a fact not only me but another guy with a not as good detector too.there are things I don't like about it also but from calabashes videos CLEARLY showing what it can do and the detectors I've been using can't do I'm gonna be packing the nox wherever my searching takes me with confidence that if it's within reach it will see it and I'll dig it.the modulation sucks but I'll get over it,and unfortunately mine has the sloppy play at the top cam lock but minelab is going to fix it and ship it for free.its not bad but I know itsx there and I'm not satisfied with a wiggle in a $900 machine

calabash digger said:
That multi iq will see stuff a single freq machine wont see ...... look at my test videos.

That also depends on the frequency of your deus though at certain frequencies it did see most things it only whiffed on the one target but the equinox didnt hit that very well either though granted it did better than the deus
It seemed to me that with the nox there was less messing around just put it in multi to see things where the deus is frequency dependent is that right calabash?

I no longer own any single frequency machines. If I feel the need to hunt in single frequency I'll choose one on the Nox.

CD,
Excellent video! Your observations are right on. Perhaps you could do one on just the term " Obsolete". You explained it very well if the viewer was listening. Many seem confused, upset, or fearful since ML used the term in their marketing of the Equinox. It would seem, from many various posts, that there are a lot of single frequency machines being sold off or gathering dust. Perhaps ML predicted correctly? Thanks for the vids!

Dean