Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A lot of weekend digging

Larry (IL)

with one of my buddies and newest V3 owner, rcasio44 from the MXT forum. We had a great time camping, talking, hunting and eating. When Nancy and I got back home, we hit yet another spot to dig some potentially older targets. What a weekend of fun. In the first picture is everything found this weekend, 61 quarters, 36 dimes, 8 nickels and I didn't even count the memorials. In the second pic is a better view of the better finds, three rings, one is a silver toe ring, a junk ring and the best of the day is a "Straight Arrow" premium ring from the late forties, early 50's. This is very interesting and here is the link for more info on the ring and the guy who's picture is on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Culver The straight arrow ring could be purchased from Nabisco for a dime and a box top in 1950.

Also shown is 8 wheats, the oldest is 1927. The small AVON stud earring came in hard and strong on the V. I can't remember the VDI #, but it was down in the sand volleyball court 4-5 inches. What a great weekend get-a-way, thanks Rob and Paulette.

Wow! Thats a lot of digging Larry.I wish I had your quarter to other coin ratio.:biggrin::thumbup:

Very good weekend of digging! Sure neat to be able to have the story of the nice ring. Enjoyed your post!

Most of the quarters came from the same football field that the 308 came from a few of weeks ago. I went back this time intending to dig jewelry and the lower VDI # targets, but there are just too many quarters to pass up to dig the maybe stuff.

No doubt...those quarter places are what can pay for stuff quick! Did a post celebration hunt once and a Q-Toss booth apparently had no ground cover. Was amazing what me and a kid (He discover the spot!) pulled out.

I quess we will just have to drive down there next Larry. I enjoyed the information on the ring. Rob

nice to see you're doing some research on Wikipedia these days ;)

i like the Barbarian holding the severed head...

A lot of info on Wikipedia and I thought you would like the Barbarian or what ever it is..........:rofl: I figured it was a game piece from a fantasy game.

Neat ring, Larry...and another nice hunting weekend for sure.