Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A lovely lady

Trailduster

Been hunting a spot lately I've been lucky in over the past couple years when I'm not exploring other area's that peak my interest in my daily travels.

Got a NEL Thunder for my F70 and am pulling some things I missed previously at this spot.

Pulled this '42 Walker out of the ground during my lunch hour.

Unfortunately I clipped it's wings with the lesche. I had just dug a beer can a few feet before this and stupidly went pawing at this in the hole thinking it was the inside of another mangled can, until the way the lesche plinked of it and my heart sunk as I realized what I did, then the joy of figuring out exactly what it was as I popped it out of the hole wall.

[

Great find but I can't see the pictures. (Image error)

Sorry for the tease guys. In my state of euphoria over the find, I got all "I need to share this" before it dawned on me a previous experience i had about 2 years ago. I'm not a big picture poster for this reason.

It's my understanding, a knowledgable person can dig into the code of images to find geo location info. I posted a pic in another forum 2 years ago of the only other walker I ever found and sure a poop someone from out of town was nosing around within 300 yards of my area a few days later. A very public place, in a small town, where everyone knows everyone and I'm one of two guys who MD around here, the other guy likes to go deep woods.

Unfortunately I was too late to delete much of the OP's due to site settings.

Again sorry for the tease. I just had some regrets about posting images of my find due to that one time. I'm not able to dedicate hours of my time to MD'ing. I get out on my lunch breaks 5 or 6x during the spring and fall. So I need to be cautious about revealing the few places I know are proucers for me in the small amount of time I have to myself in the coarse of a season.

still looking 52 said:
That's a once in a lifetime time. Those are definitely on the endangered species list.

This is actually my 2nd Walker in about 6 years of detecting. The other is a 1941 which had less finer details than this 1942 i just found.

Damage wasn't too bad. Just a light swirl across a wing of the Eagle. This coin is mostly a worth-it's-weight find anyway. Common year, circulated condition, still some stars on the flag and heavy relief features, but the finer details are smoothed out.

Not sure about geo location but I know for a fact that you can delete most information attached to pictures (exif information like camera brand, exposure, shutter speed, etc.). It would probably delete location as well. I use Photoshop and all I have to do is select the picture once I am finished resizing and post processing it ,then copy and paste it as a new one and all extra info is then deleted. This would probably work in Elements as well but I don't know about other programs. I'm sure a googling "deleting embedded geo location info on pictures" would turn up very useful information.

By the way, thanks for sharing that info. I hardly realize all the information that is now embedded into every picture taken with a modern camera.