Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a new function on the v3i???

cypearl

Hello to everyone, Well while I was playing with the v3i settings i found something was not there before, at least I thought so. somewhere in the expert mode apeared a setting ''signal boost'' and even another ''signal range'' and you raise up or lowering down. At first I raised up both but when I went out from settings to test what it was I just could not find it again. If anybody has an idea about those two things could he explain to me please?

cypearl said:
Hello to everyone, Well while I was playing with the v3i settings i found something was not there before, at least I thought so. somewhere in the expert mode apeared a setting ''signal boost'' and even another ''signal range'' and you raise up or lowering down. At first I raised up both but when I went out from settings to test what it was I just could not find it again. If anybody has an idea about those two things could he explain to me please?

I'm not sure what you saw, but boost is not adjustable. There are several ranges you can set. If you find them let me know.

Hi Rob, thanks for replying but could you tell me please about the ''signal range'' one because I just can not realy remember what was the other one.

Tell me where you saw it. Here is the only place it is mentioned.

With some practice, the pitch of the

I really can't remember! I will let know when i ll fall on it again, all I can say I think I hit the 4 arrow keys while holding pressed ''enter'' in audio options and heard four times error or something and when I moved downwards in the -audio settings?- it was there?! I really can't help guys with that, imho.I am sorry if I am confusing you.

It sounds like you stumbled on something a service technician would use to align the V3i and not meant for the user to mess with.

Thanks Larry, but I think I have allready did. Do I have to find it and get it back to where it was or it will just not effect the preset programes if they would be just restored?

There is no answer we can give to your question, since we don't know what you did.

I have never seen a signal range choice in the expert menu.

That sounds like a question for White's service since we don't know what it does...:shrug:

Ok thanks for your replying but I am sure it was a deferent option choice than the usuall. I mean it is not the vdi tone range setting cause I am using the detector for months now and I know most of the settings how to raise or lower down any of the adjustments. Well now if it was from the frequency settings it should be the offset setting. I don't know guys, sorry if I am confusing again.

I have found one I didn't see before its ''audio boost'' and it can be found in expert mode-search audio-then check for ''stereo mixed'' and you go further down and the last option setting in ''stereo mixed'' it is that. Its range is from -off- and 1 to 69. Mine its on 8. Now my qwestion, is it doing what it says it does or I should n't touch it?

Were you in the Prosp Scan menu? <expert menu><Configure><Live search screen><Search or Analysis><Prosp. scan>

There is a phase range option there. Is that what you saw?

Next time you find something you don't understand, you can get an idea on what it does by pressing Menu + Zoom. It will bring up a description of the option you are on.

I don't know if that's where you were, but prosp scan is a screen that shows the phase of the ground. It is a slowly updated display as your ground should change slowly. Target blips may not be able to be shown. The goal is to find those black sand pockets that people might want to sift through for gold. The phase range allows you to adjust what range of phases to show on your display. If you know that the phases you are interested in lie between 180 and 165 degrees, you'd set the top of your screen to 165 and the bottom of your screen to 180 and mid to be somewhere in the middle of that. You can select your resolution this way.

If that's not what you saw, I'm not sure what you did see.

ok thanks ak 1234, But because i pressed the trigger out in error the machine came away from the settings and I couldn't find where it was after. Thanks anyway but I thought I had found a special setting in the machine like the easter bunny.

AK wrote the software, if she doesn't know, no one does.

cypearl said:
I have found one I didn't see before its ''audio boost'' and it can be found in expert mode-search audio-then check for ''stereo mixed'' and you go further down and the last option setting in ''stereo mixed'' it is that. Its range is from -off- and 1 to 69. Mine its on 8. Now my qwestion, is it doing what it says it does or I should n't touch it?

I responded to your original post. Didn't get this far I guess.

You can touch it. Stereo mixed mode sounds all metal in one ear, discrimination in the other. The discrimination threshold and the all metal audio play tricks on the ears so they sound like they are at different volumes when they're really not. Audio boost adjusts the volume in one of the ears (I forget which, but I think it's the discrimination channel - I'm not in front of the software and it's been quite a while, so out of sight, out of mind...) to trick the ears into hearing the thresholds equally again. It won't hurt anything - it's just to even out the thresholds for a person's ears.

ok. thanks ak 1234. An other question is -since Ak made the software- the threshold tone, we can change threshold tone in an effort to gain what? I would be pleased if there is a special thing about this.

You can just adjust the tone to fit your hearing. Everyone hearing and preferences differ.The same as you can change its volume to fit your surroundings.

AK jumps in went she can to help us but it isn't her job so don't always expect an answer.

It depends on if you use the excludes feature or not. You can have it either way. You can have it for all programs or different for each program. You have to set the volume every time you go to a new site depending how noisy it is that day. I keep all my tones the same for all my programs. Thats how you learn the tones.

You can just try it yourself.