Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A nice gift šŸŽ from a friend

CT Todd

A nice gift from a friend. Part of farming history Iā€™d like to find sometime. These are Pickers Checks. You would pick a bushel of this or that and turn it in and you would be given one of these ā€œchecks ā€œ in lew of cash later or to spend at the company store. Thanks to a good friend.

Attachments

• B0FC1D5B-B27B-4CD6-8884-063AE9A101FE.jpeg
    B0FC1D5B-B27B-4CD6-8884-063AE9A101FE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 172
  • 0FB84310-B110-4612-98A4-831C2169C17F.jpeg
    0FB84310-B110-4612-98A4-831C2169C17F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
A nice gift from a friend. Part of farming history Iā€™d like to find sometime. These are Pickers Checks. You would pick a bushel of this or that and turn it in and you would be given one of these ā€œchecks ā€œ in lew of cash later or to spend at the company store. Thanks to a good friend.
I consider myself a reasonably good historian, but this is a part of our history that I didn't know of. How Cool..!

Interesting items from your friend.
Were they dug up?
Tony

I consider myself a reasonably good historian, but this is a part of our history that I didn't know of. How Cool..!
Happened a lot in the 40ā€™s-60ā€™s. I even remember walking to school past a ā€˜company storeā€™. Not good part of history tho. Remember the old song: ā€œSt. Peter donā€™t you call me cuz I canā€™t go, I owe my soul to the company storeā€?

Interesting items from your friend.
Were they dug up?
Tony
If I remember correctly he got them in an auction. The donā€™t look dug.

Nice gift!
Mark