Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Nice Surprise

plidn1

Went to a park this morning close to one of the high schools in my area. It has 2 tots, a tennis court, soccer field and basket ball court. It sits in a rather up scale neighborhood and by it's looks, you would think it would be a gold mine.
I have worked this park several times but have found nothing of real value. In fact, It has very little trash, and very few coins, and I mean skimpy on the coins.
I headed for the soccer field and started swinging. Although the targets were spread and not real close together, 95% were iron.
I had dug about 40 or 50 cents in clad and 3 pull tabs. I was getting rather bored and was spending more time watching the soccer moms running their dogs then focusing on my search.
I was about an hour into the hunt and got a solid aluminum hit. It was down about an inch. I bent down and dug a shallow plug to get what I thought was can slaw, out of the way. I was shocked to see, all tangled up in the grass roots, one 14K (2.4 grams) earring.
That made watching the ladies the rest of the morning much more interesting wondering who's ear the next one will come from.

Nice now upload pics of the ladies :crazy:

I like it.. My wife always says---- where is the other one... KEN

Sweet find! Congrats:thumbup:

Strange how that happens. Your out there full of hope for just such a treasure and as time passes you get lost in other thoughts and then when you least expect it "YeeHaa"! :hot:

HH

I hunt every day and I hunt in places where people have the opportunity to lose jewelry.
I have a good quality detector that is gold sensitive and is capable of giving me lots of valuable information on what is in the ground. I have learned to understand what it is telling me and know it inside and out. I use the right coil for the place and conditions I am working. I use no discrimination and dig most everything that isn't iron.
The detector is only a tool. Knowing how and where to use it, it's strong points and it's short comings is the secret.
Everyone thinks they own the best detector made. I make mine the best there is.

I think the secret is to dig EVEYTHING!! Congrats and HH

Nice !