Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A nickel kind of day.

Dan(NM)

I went back to a park that's been producing some good finds. Today was a very unusual nickel day. Ended up with 3 silver war nickels, a v nickel, an unidentified coin, 4 Wheaties and a religious medallion. I didn't really have a goal this year for silver coins but with today's finds that puts me at 112 for the year. Running park 1...2 tones..no disc...manual gb at 30..recovery speed 3..iron bias at F2-0.. tone break at 10...sens 23. All war nickels hit at 15, the V hit 12-13, the unidentified coin(?) hits at 12.

IMG_20211114_134254547.thumb.jpg.d16afbc02f56c4e7be526269776f926d.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211114_134254547.jpg
    IMG_20211114_134254547.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
Nice nickel and wheaties! Finding coins like this gives me great hope that silver is very close by.
And congratulations on 112 silvers!!!

Thank you. I started digging low and mid tones since I had cleaned most of the high tones out the last 3 visits, from this particular spot. The park has given up some nice silver coins.
It’s definitely paying off nicely for you. I knew those silvers were close by…so close you already cleaned the park out 😂

Nice midtone finds. I started doing the same at one of the parks here but still use 50 tones. Was there also a lot of pulltabs and beavertails that were dug? I dont dig if they come in at 11, but still dig plenty at 12 and 13.
I was surprised that there wasn't more trash than there was. It's a good thing it wasn't too trashy otherwise I would have given up on my little plan :)
Nice midtone finds. I started doing the same at one of the parks here but still use 50 tones. Was there also a lot of pulltabs and beavertails that were dug? I dont dig if they come in at 11, but still dig plenty at 12 and 13.

Attachments

• IMG_20211114_133811726_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211114_133811726_HDR.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
Congrats Dan! I was at a park this summer and got a V nickle and a Buffalo nickle about a foot apart! Yeah...Most of the easy silver is gone in public areas. We will have to hunt smarter! Not harder!

Congrats Dan! I was at a park this summer and got a V nickle and a Buffalo nickle about a foot apart! Yeah...Most of the easy silver is gone in public areas. We will have to hunt smarter! Not harder!
Thanks Ted. I had cleaned all the silver out and had to chase the lowly nickels lol.

Nice finds!!!
I did that some last year at sites where the high tones are basically gone now and found quite a few nickels.
Surprisingly, I did not dig much trash in doing so either… pencil erasers and beaver tabs fool me though sometimes.
Interesting those war nickels all hit at 15.
I have seen them read 12, 13, 14, 18, and 22/23.
I will have to keep that 15 in mind!!
Perhaps that other “coin” is an old token of some sort?

Nice finds!!!
I did that some last year at sites where the high tones are basically gone now and found quite a few nickels.
Surprisingly, I did not dig much trash in doing so either… pencil erasers and beaver tabs fool me though sometimes.
Interesting those war nickels all hit at 15.
I have seen them read 12, 13, 14, 18, and 22/23.
I will have to keep that 15 in mind!!
Thank you. I cherry pick alot and if I do hit a war nickel it's because some hit in the low to mid 20's on the Nox. The ones that hit that high are usually coated in a black crust.

Thank you. I cherry pick alot and if I do hit a war nickel it's because some hit in the low to mid 20's on the Nox. The ones that hit that high are usually coated in a black crust.
I have also found them with that black crust on them while others come out shining.
I found one while detecting one day and it was very muddy… it read like a penny and when I saw it was a nickel, I though the reading was high, but did not realize it was a war nickel til later when I got home and cleaned it up.

Nothing wrong with older nickels, sometimes they morph into gold rings. And yeah…… pencil erasers. Try being on a campus!!! Grrrrr

Nice finds Dan I've been finding a lot of nickels along the river in new spots lots of V's few buffalos and jeffersons..
Mark

Nicely done! Nuthin wrong with old nickels, there's some good key dates in the buffs and V's. The shields speak for themselves on the cool scale. Seems like your Nox is dialed in well.