Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A post found regarding to update or to not update software

MassSaltH2O

I found an interesting post made by C. L. Carmichael on md-hunter forum. He did an extensive study on a wide variety of targets using both updated software, and the original software. He published a large colored chart showing on what targets the upgraded software does better, and on what targets the original software does better.
He found that for most coins, it is best to use the update.
However, for gold and gold jewelry, it is best to stay with the original software. Interesting chart.

Can you post a link? I tried several searches but didn't get it.

Thanks,

Tony in NJ

Yes, it is an interesting chart but also remember this was I believe was based upon air test.

I thinks it's the first time I've seen the results of an actual comparison test...even if it is an air test...to show significant depth increases of the update.

Part of me wonders if the extra 'chattiness' some users report after the update is due to ML bumping up the overall gain a little.
(Just thinking out loud...)

mike

BigTony said:

Thanks,

Tony in NJ
Hi Tony. Sorry. I wasnt sure if posting external links is allowed on this forum. I will see what I can do.

Ive tested both programs as well..... for beach hunting i didnt like the digits in the update for targets in the wet sand or water. But ... i AIR tested a lot of gold and various pieces.... they all seemed to hit at the same depths. Its kind of like asking someone...... where is the most gold found? The answer given is ......where ever THEY are finding the gold..... be it wet sand, dry sand or in the water waist deep...or neck deep.

dewcon4414 said:
Ive tested both programs as well..... for beach hunting i didnt like the digits in the update for targets in the wet sand or water. But ... i AIR tested a lot of gold and various pieces.... they all seemed to hit at the same depths. Its kind of like asking someone...... where is the most gold found? The answer given is ......where ever THEY are finding the gold..... be it wet sand, dry sand or in the water waist deep...or neck deep.

Thanks Dewcon. Good info to know. I will stick with the original software for wet sand detecting.

MassSaltH2O said:

Thanks,

Tony in NJ
Hi Tony. Sorry. I wasnt sure if posting external links is allowed on this forum. I will see what I can do.
You are correct they aren't
Jeff