Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A pretty good day

TeenDetector97

Not a bad day today. Found a bunch of modern change (Dont know all of the lingo yet lol) adding up to be 37 Cents, a few rifle casings, two pull tabs, and an odd piece of metal. Looks to be like a Horseshoe, but it is round. My shot in the dark is a heart that someone made with the piece of iron. 3 out of the 4 actual relics I have found (Matching horseshores and this) have been found in a swamp not to far from the house. It is dried up now, so I thought I give it a shot. These have all been found in the beginning of the clay. lol Anyone actually know what it is?

IMG_05701_zps890068f1.jpg

IMG_05721_zpse317692a.jpg

Don't have any idea what that iron thing is, But your washing machine is just like mine. Sure looks like you are having a lot of fun... KEN

Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing!

ken ward said:
Don't have any idea what that iron thing is, But your washing machine is just like mine. Sure looks like you are having a lot of fun... KEN
You know what they say, great minds think alike. Even when it comes to washing machines:rofl:

Now thats a by gosh cool shoe! I searched all over the interwebs for that style, Its called a "bar shoe" I think...not very common, but intended to support the back of a horse or mules foot for heavy work, or sort of like corrective footwear for a horse, thats what a picture of something not identical but similar on the interwebs said...I sure hope a farrier chimes in to tell you what you got there...I've never seen anything like it.....you sir, are finding some cool stuff! :clapping:
Mud
ps, my washers a front load!.

yes it does look like a closed loop horse shoe but ive never seen one before either... looks like you are getting the hang of it...cool find....

I have seen horse shoes that had a metal bar across the back of the shoe. As mudpuppy said it was used for heavy work like hauling logs. I found one last year at a home where I also found four silver coins. I placed the shoe by the driveway as I wanted to keep it and forgot the thing until the next day. Went back to retrieve it and it was gone.

GeorgeinSC said:
I have seen horse shoes that had a metal bar across the back of the shoe. As mudpuppy said it was used for heavy work like hauling logs. I found one last year at a home where I also found four silver coins. I placed the shoe by the driveway as I wanted to keep it and forgot the thing until the next day. Went back to retrieve it and it was gone.
Im glad you guys figured out what it was...looked like a small toilet seat from where I'm standing.:crazy:

I've dug plenty of horseshoes, but never one like that one.. I like it!!!
Don't believe I have ever seen one posted here on the forums either..
Thanks for sharing your find!!!!!!

Surfinsafari said:
GeorgeinSC said:
Im glad you guys figured out what it was...looked like a small toilet seat from where I'm standing.:crazy:
:clap:

Nice find! Was there a canal or something like that where you are hunting. I have found a few along a dried up canal close to where I live. Not as nice as yours though.
HH
Cal

Well who would have guessed. A Horseshoe Museum.......http://www.horseshoemuseum.com/

The bar shoe, as previously identified, is listed as as being "Therapeutic".

While there check out the one listed under Ancient Horseshoes.:surprised:

Yours is a very cool find!:clapping:

muggsc said:
Nice find! Was there a canal or something like that where you are hunting. I have found a few along a dried up canal close to where I live. Not as nice as yours though.
HH
Cal
It's not a canal, but a swamp. It floods every year, so I thought i would take a shot and try and dig while it was dried up. Guess i came out on top! I also tfound the pair of horseshoes I posted in here from the same place.

Nice going, you are using your head hitting swampy areas that are now dry. You will find this is a hobby / sport of opportunity as well as research and planning.

Cool finds and nice saves. I'm betting your "swamp" gives up some interesting stuff, keep hitting it. Some kind advice to stay on the good side of your wife.......don't put the horseshoe in the dryer!

Stay safe,