Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question for the cellar hole guys

Hi,
I was wondering what the methodology for finding cellar holes would be ??
What,besides foundation rocks is a tip off ??
Do you always find foundation rocks ??
Reason I ask:
I was out in a forested area this AM and came across an old road bed that ran along the crest of a hill.
In a few spots off to the side of this road were decent sized depressions or holes that looked too deep and large to be where a tree blew over.
They weren't in any particular order exactly, and varied in size and shape but most were roughly square or rectangular, about 6 by 8 feet and some were about 2-3 feet deep.
These woods have seen the white man since the mid-1700's, and have been logged out numerous times since then, so I doubt the holes are natural.
And while there are rocks around this vicinity, I would no go so far as saying these holes were lined with them in any intelligent manner.
Swinging the detector around them yielded practically nothing except a couple of old iron splitting wedges.
No brass or lead at all.Not even shotgun shell heads.
I kept throwing a clad quarter down just to make sure the E-trac was still working !!
I know without a decent photo it's hard to say, but if these would've been cellar holes, there should have been numerous junk signals.... correct ??
No way previous hunters could have cleaned out everything ??
I'd like to hear others' experiences,please.
Thanks for your time.

could have been where a trapper had to hide his furs or a dug out for a trapper during the winter.and they would not have left much behind