Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question for V3i owners

Jedi

I am considering buying a V3i. I was just wondering if the battery housing gets
In the way when swinging it? Can you take it off and put it in a pack? Would doing so
affect the warranty?

I have not found the control (battery box) to cause a problem, but I used the MXT Pro and VX3 before I purchased V3i. My guess is it will not work to hip mount the V3i as you have wires from the battery box going up to the display.

The design for the battery box has been used for over twenty years.

I just bought a V3i and for me the battery housing does not cause any problems. My only complaint so far is the V3i is a battery hog. Other than that the V3i is very impressive

Norm what are you using for batteries? I never had a problem. How long are you hunting? :stars:

Thanks guys. I know the blisstool has a similar style box and is detachable.
I just wasn't sure if it was an issue.

What about the Li-Ion pack made for the V3i sold by Kelly Co.? I ordered one for my V3i that I am getting. With that battery pack you suppose to get +20 hrs of operation time.

[size=large]If you're going to hunt 4-6 hrs. a couple of times a week the i would sure get the li-ion batteries. Kellyco isn't the sole vendor for them. as for the first question.I've had the XLT, MXT Pro and now the V3i. never had a problem with the box.

HH t/size]

Jedi
I am sure the box can not be removed and worn on the hip. But after making that statement I will assure you that the box will NOT get in your way in any way or matter I have used three DFX's a GMT,
a Vision and two V3i's all with this battery box, the only thing I can say is it is a little heavier then I like for long hunts, at 82 I am not as spry as you young pups and can't swing it all day.

Good for you Don, still swinging at 82.....:clapping:

When I go out I hunt for probably 3-4 hours at a time. I use the same batteries that came with it. So within two days the rechargeable battery quits. I am used to getting maybe 40 - 50 hours on my other detectors.

I am not really complaining because the detector is worth what i paid for it and hopefully when i get to the point when I know I am getting the best I can get from it I can reap some good rewards. Detecting 3 -4 hours per day 5 days per week I was averaging about $110 - $120 per month with my ATP. I hope to far out do the ATP with the V3i

I have two battery packs and two sets of rechargeable for the headphones----one in the detector and one on the charger.
It takes me a whole of 30 seconds out of my detecting day to drop in a freshly charged pack and set of batteries in my headphones before I head out detecting.

This always assures the maximum performance out of the detector and will last for an entire day of detecting and longer than I can digging holes in the ground.

I would buy another rechargeable battery pak but my wife is getting a lil testy about the amount of money I have spent on metal detecting stuff. I had to tell her the V3i could vacuum, wash her car and do this dishes before she agreed it was worth the money.

For now I will use the rechargeable pak in the detector and keep the other pak handy when the rechargeable one gets weak or goes dead.

It's been a long time since I used the NIMH packs in my V3i, but they never ran out in 6 hours of hunting. Every day when I was done hunting I put it on the charger.

Your V3i is not an IDX or MXT. It takes more energy to run the extra features like a color screen.

I don't have any problems with the control box when I'm hunting. I know if you use the back-light and run it fairly bright it will wear the batteries out much faster. I also a difference when I am running my big SEF coil. I just use rechargeable batteries and have two batteries with me. I rarely have to use the second set, I just feel better knowing I have it.
Johan

Is the li-lon battery pack worth the price. I would like a reliable backup battery pack but I have to find enough clad to pay for it. I made enough with my ACE 250 to buy my AT Pro and made enough with my At Pro to buy my V3i so I plan on possibly buying a battery pack with what I find with my V3i. So far I have found $22+ with it so i have to find quite a bit more clad to buy one.

The LI ION pack is worth it if you want long run times or if you don't want to charge batteries after a long hunt. I like the option of being able to have my V3I ready to go even after it has been sitting for weeks. Read my review.