Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question on Target Trace

rickinsdakota

I still have not had a chance to get out with my new CTX because of the weather here. I've pretty much have it figured out but I am just curious why a person would not always want Target Trace on. Does it slow it down because of more filters etc.. It appears that you don't get the colors on the screen unless Target Trace is on.

I leave Target Trace on all the time. I use combined/ferrous coin, and it will show iron as blue and good targets as red or orange.

rickinsdakota said:
I still have not had a chance to get out with my new CTX because of the weather here. I've pretty much have it figured out but I am just curious why a person would not always want Target Trace on. Does it slow it down because of more filters etc.. It appears that you don't get the colors on the screen unless Target Trace is on.

Hi Rick,

Hoping your weather will start getting a bit better real soon...and you can get out and play with your new detector.

Good Question.

No, in all reality, it isn't necessary to have TT on the entire time.

Target Trace is a tool: an unmasking tool that can "show" extra visual information in addition to audio, that might be a bit unclear and/or confusing
It can be 'turned on' when you encounter "iffy", "dodgy", "unclear", signals.
I would beg to differ about "iffy signals" when according to an expert who stated "There is no such thing as an iffy signal!", believe me...there are (I don't know what that person was thinking)
So, watching 'those colours' and the 'two cursors' when Ferrous Coin is engaged can help dechiper just what it is or, how many targets might be underneath the coil as you sweep across the area.
Note that as the coil "clears" a target or targets and there are "fewer" responses from those targets this can result in 'cleaner audio responses' and, when all the targets are under the coil that that contributes to 'dirty / mixed / confusing' audio responses and watching the real-time Target Trace animations can help clear up some of the confusing responses both visual and audio.

I hope this makes sense and helps out.

Good Hunting

Des D