Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question on the 1266x

blade310

The pin point mode on my 1266x only seems to work when I am over a target that is hitting hard,like something shallow or something deeper that is big. The second disc feature works fine. So is the trigger the culprit or is it possible something else is causing the pinpoint to malfunction. other than the pinpoint action acting up the detector runs fine. pulled a wheat at around ten or eleven inches. had a heck of a time trying to pinpoint that one. It was just a wisp of a signal to start with. The wheat was a 1932 but in horrible shape. lol might be worth a nickel. I have it soaking in olive oil. Also I am wanting to sell the detector but not sure if It would pay to have it fixed or would it be wiser just to sell it as is. its a newer model number. any input you have would be great. Thanks, Blade

High,
I have the same problem on with my 1270.
It does detect objects quite deep but these are many a times a bugger to pinpoint accurately (as compared to my Whites)
It gets worse, the bigger a coil I use.
I`m not talking about objects up to around 6" or7", but if it hits with a faint signal around the 10" range and often deeper - things become complicated. I find myself sometimes doing a complete 360 around the target, more or less wiggling the coil in real short strokes, to be able to accurately determine where to dig.
Anybody else have this problem, too ??
HH
skookum

You both need to call FT and get a RA number and send those detectors back, they will give you an estimate on repairs.Then you will know for sure what direction to take. Both the 1266x and the 1270 in used condition are worth $300 or so in working condition on a sale, if you let them go for parts you are pretty much the value of the coil $100 or less.

As for the 1266x it doesn't sound like your problem is in the toggle, if the toggle is not working you wouldn't get any PP all metal, it is either on or off.

I would think both are worth fixing if the repair cost is $150 or less.

Ron in WV

Thanks Ron. If I get the 1266x worked on I may end up keeping it...but then I have realy been wanting to get a cz3d. I'm just not much of a beep and dig kind of guy. On the othwer hand I really like the depth.

sounds to me your detectors are working fine...a deep coin @ 10"s is going to pinpoint small and faint..I'm sure that coin was very faint sounding signal in disc mode.....when you trigger all metal and it still sounds faint...those are the deepies.....pay attention to those...hope it works out for ya..

I re-read your question and foxhunter may be on to something. Before you send it back I would do a little testing. I would find a clean spot of ground and put a dime down and hold you coil up and to one side of the target pull the toggle then pass the coil about 6" above the dime. If you get a pretty strong signal in PP mode I would say your machine is okay. I would say you are pushing the 1266x when trying to PP a coin at 10"

Ron in WV

I agree with WV62 , don't believe you have a PP or switch problem, just a super deep small good target and its problably getting out of range to break audio the old tr the meter would twitch and no sound.> It normally hard to PP a real deep 10" or over target with the 1270 and the 10" coil. I'd work WV62 tests, air test might be short in depth, but it should rule out PP-toggle problem. 10 or more is a lot to ask on PP.. also what was the target?

I have a beat to death early model (1984) 1266-X and have never had a problem with any switches, my stand broke years ago and this year I made a new one with aluminum strapping, it is taller and never rolls over in long grass. I purchased a " HotHead coil years ago and it really does go deeper than the 10 inch coil. I found a 1923 Peace dollar over 13 inches deep, same goes for a man's 18kt. wedding band with 8 - 11 point white diamonds channel set in it. Many have tried to buy my '66, I will never sell it, it is an awesome relic getter........nge