Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Questions About ID Norm In V3.2

E-Trac-Ohio

I'm still running in Deus 3.2 and I had a few questions about using the ID Norm setting.

What are the pro's and con's using ID Norm ?
When it is set to the on or off position does this setting work on all of the programs that are loaded - both factory and custom ?

Thanks !

Hey E-trac, The ID norm setting is independent of individual programs so you its applied to all programs factory and custom when set. I'm probably in the minority, but I only run in ID normal. It does not change the frequencies across the board, but only the TID #s assigned to those frequencies. When I change frequencies, I can tell just as well what I have than if I don't normalize. But what you have to remember is that the WAY the frequency change responds will be different than if you don't normalize. If you mainly run in two freq or less, I'd say its whatever you're comfortable with. If I run in more, I have to think too much and that hurts(smile}.

I used ID norm for awhile, and I liked the fact that the numbers of the targets didn't change. Now, if you record a program with ID norm on or off, then, I believe, it is saved in that program. Anyone know for sure if you can save ID norm in custom programs, please chime in.

ID norm on pros : your ID numbers remain the same regardless of the freq. you use. Cons: the ID norm relates to 18KHZ so every target rings up like you were using 18khz, which crams all the targets into a smaller window. most coins will be in the high 80s to high 90's. which sounds good except your really getting close to iron wrap around. you cant use the method of switching to 4KHZ to check for iron. If you use 3, 4 or 5 tones your tone breaks will be closer together and less numbers between the tones.

Thanks for the replies.
I also should have stated in my original post - that I run in Full Tones with all my programs - if that makes a difference ?

It will make all the difference in the world if you run in full tones as I do as well. I do not use ID norm because I prefer 12khz tones to 18.

In ID norm numbers will be the same regardless of the frequency but the tones will change with the frequency, so a 4khz tone will be a lower pitch than a 12khz tone. I have grown accustom to the 12khz full tones as having the right degree of tonal expansion for both high and low conductors , not too much crowded into either area and I often hunt the low conductor range for gold in amongst modern trash. It would seem 18khz would expand that area the most , which it does , but it also crowds that zinc penny tone area too far into the good coin area. I find lots of good/interesting targets with the zincs.

I can see where ID norm could simplify life in other tone settings

E-TRAC-OHIO said:
Thanks for the replies.
I also should have stated in my original post - that I run in Full Tones with all my programs - if that makes a difference ?
Just a slight tone drop in full tones when switching freq in full tones with ID norm on. I hunt with full tones and found that with it on aluminum pull tabs sound like coins. with ID norm off it gives them a different sound and keeps them between 56 and 73 depending on the freq. you select. JMO because reactivity and audio response play a part in the tone when your running full tones.