Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A ring and large cent

goldbill

There is a place near me that I have had my eye on for several years ..It is beside a stream waterfall. Way way back before roads, the waterways were the roads and these falls were always a portage. One side of the stream is fairly flat ,,,,maybe a good place to camp? Last year new owners started a truck farm/garden and plowed about two acres on the flat.Stopped in today ,Introduced myself and asked the owner if I could metal detect his garden spot ..He had no problem on one condition. If I found a large men's silver ring would I return it to him? Absolutely I said do you have any idea of a general area where it might be? He said no . Well if you had to guess? He thought maybe on the right hand side. Turns out he was right on ,It was just under the grass came through nice and loud. Later found the large cent and a broach (costume I think) I think the large is a George because it is larger than the large cent I found scrubbed in the river. It is a toast so I might as well call it a George right.....My third pic I was trying to show it under the scrubber When I went to return the ring only the housekeeper was there but she was excited about the ring.I'm pretty sure I will be able to detect most of that farm!!! I'm thinking just after he plows this spring.. thanks for looking...Goldbill

Man you are in the right part of the country for good finds. Good to see you are doing well. :thumbup:

Ya We are .I do dig a truck load of bottle caps also ,but if I get anything in the 80's I just dig because I know I would always wonder if I didn't..I have made myself a little project of cleaning every signal out of a little park near me .I know a gentleman found a gold coin there 15 years ago. I have two gallons of flip tops so far but a little at a time and just maybe.. Bill

You are about due for a gold coin Bill, it sounds like you have paid your dues.

Anytime you find a Large cent is a good day and to make the property owner happy is just icing on the cake. Good luck can't wait to see more post...

Howdy GoldBill--

Good job in finding and returning that ring:clapping:! My guess is that you made a friend at the same time. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel