Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A road trip with a Brit......

fmurphy

A British friend of mine wanted to hit the road yesterday and shoot some photos. Went to the area of Canadian,Tx. it's located in the eastern part of the Texas Panhandle. We had a couple of good photo ops while there. A dinosaur looking over the plains to keep everyone safe.... an old wagon bridge built in 1916 for wagon traffic and pedestrian traffic to cross the Canadian River, the bridge is the longest pin-connected bridge in Texas at 3,522 ft, a group of carp going crazy in a small lake, a covey of quail walking around strutting their stuff and the best of all was 3 Ospreys catching fish in the lake.....oh, there was this HUGE cottonwood tree that was used in the 1860's and 70's as a landmark for soldiers and settlers traveling across the plains. The base is 21' around and its pretty tall. I had my friend stand next to it to show the size.........was a pretty good trip overall.

I enjoyed the stories about the pictures too! The old bridge was most interesting along with the tree story. Again, a very enjoyable Post. Kelley (Texas) :)

Any additional information about the old bridge or know of any Internet link with information about it? Many thanks! Kelley (Texas) :)

Kelley,
there is a good article on the bridge that I found on google... it goes direct to a .pdf file.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiq5oCYqvzOAhUG3GMKHbOQAQIQFggeMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcanadiantx.org%2Fimages%2Fstories%2Fdocuments%2Fbridge2.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFqcUfXVkiA_c1P0L6k4Mt2nX98vg

if you google : wagon bridge, canadian,tx there are numerous links and info

as far as more photos...I have a couple and will post... am planning on going back middle of October and shoot more. The city of Canadiadian has a big fall foilage festival ever year in October, this yr will be 15-16th. if mother nature cooperates it is a beautiful changing of colors.

Frank, thanks for the information and link. I did some research yesterday and located some information about the old bridge, but was not sure that it was the same bridge. I think that the history associated with the Texas Panhandle does not get it's due credit...so much history in that area of Texas and not much said about it. Thanks for sharing. Kelley (Texas) :)

Awesome pictures. They're all nice.