Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A sad find......

JB(MS)

I found the silver plated heart in the photo on the high school lawn awhile back. I knew it had been there a long time as it was at least 6 inches deep and the plating was pitted and scratched, and I was surprised to see the name of a friend I played softball and basketball with and against in the the mid 1960's. His name was Eddie Harrison and he was killed in 1969 when his car was sideswiped and turned over into a bar pit. He was knocked unconscious and drowned in 6 inches of water The back side of the heart has "Love, Patricia Reedy" on it, she was his high school sweetheart. I knew his mom and dad were deceased, but he had a sister I tried to locate with no success until two days ago. She was happy to get it, but it was a sad experience for her and her husband, and also for me.

iy0y80.jpg

Thanks for sharing your heartfelt story JB.

Man o Man...gives a guy the chills seeings how you had a connection with the owner..
Mud

What a sweet, but tragic story. Thanks for sharing your experience and remembering your friend. In returning dog tags of deceased veterans, we often experience similar emotions. Families are sad and joyful at the same time, because they suddenly miss their loved one even more than ever. Having experienced those exact same feelings after finding out my own Uncle Angelo's WWII dog tag had been found after so many years, I feel a connection to the families/veterans we research on behalf of the finders. I felt sad, happy, disbelieving, blessed, and bereft all at the same time when I found out about my Uncle's tag being found. The feeling that always remained with me, though, after the strong emotions had settled was what a blessing it was to have found out about his tag in the first place, even if we never did manage to get it back. The fact that two total strangers took it upon themselves to try to help our family get the tag back literally changed the way I lived my life from then on out, and I founded Angelo's Angels immediately thereafter and never looked back. The feeling of gratitude and humility that was engendered by their kindness has never left me, and never will. Keep up the good work. All of you who are returning lost items are making a huge difference in the world. I admire your efforts immensely and am honored to make the acquaintance of the kind folks on this forum.