Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A signal not often come across

Dancer

Hunting a seldom used sports field. This field once held Little League games along with football & Soccer games. Even HS Band practices. Over the years got a good share of clad couple pieces of Silver. Used a lot of different machines. So yesterday went in with the X. Trying to squeeze something out . So tinkering with the discrimination a little , came across a signal that sounded like this. Couple trash grunts than a short good sig. Than couple more grunts Short good sig. than grunt, grunt. All very ,very close together. Now this field still has its share of Alum. Bits. Almost passed it. Anyway after pulling up the plug , this Silver bracelet in two pieces were at the bottom of the hole. I believe I severed it in 2 with my digger. One of those heavy chain types. That bracelet been there a good while and I'm sure I've run a coil over it before. Bracelets do sound different in the ground. The audio of the X. This field isn't all that deep, but it's a challenge. That's my story.

Attachments

• 20220322_055711.jpg
    20220322_055711.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 206
Way to go with the “check it anyway” attitude. I’ve probably passed some good treasure late in the hunts just because one starts to get lazy. But, why is it we always find the pot at the end of the rainbow 20 feet from where you parked on your way back. This is such a nasty sport, should be a psychology chapter somewhere covering this……😂

Was there any other target close by that gave the Low tone?

Was there any other target close by that gave the Low tone?
Here's what I think happened. I've read around the forums that a detector will generally (hit) on just one of the clasps on a single link of a bracelet. (Hope someone who knows more about this chimes in). Anyway Since I severed it not quite in half, I believe it was pretty well spread out. I think what I heard might have been null signals while the X was Zeroing on a clasp at each end. Basically it was two short sharp signals separated by a couple nulls and also on each side. I actually thought I might have had two targets. I found no other metal in the hole. Try this on a Silver or Gold bracelet, it definitely doesn't hit like a coin.

Did you try turning 90 degrees? If you did, did it sound the same?
Picket, yes I tried it from a different angle (Not sure it was 90 deg) I would say the signal was enough to get me interested, but it was different.
When in doubt Dig, is how it goes.

Hunting a seldom used sports field. This field once held Little League games along with football & Soccer games. Even HS Band practices. Over the years got a good share of clad couple pieces of Silver. Used a lot of different machines. So yesterday went in with the X. Trying to squeeze something out . So tinkering with the discrimination a little , came across a signal that sounded like this. Couple trash grunts than a short good sig. Than couple more grunts Short good sig. than grunt, grunt. All very ,very close together. Now this field still has its share of Alum. Bits. Almost passed it. Anyway after pulling up the plug , this Silver bracelet in two pieces were at the bottom of the hole. I believe I severed it in 2 with my digger. One of those heavy chain types. That bracelet been there a good while and I'm sure I've run a coil over it before. Bracelets do sound different in the ground. The audio of the X. This field isn't all that deep, but it's a challenge. That's my story.
Only a despicable knave would treat a silver bracelet with such disdain, (Now Imagine if you had found an 18/17 SL Quarter and did that?)
Its a good idea at the beach to rake the sand on a blip-blip too, also could be a chain.

Only a despicable knave would treat a silver bracelet with such disdain, (Now Imagine if you had found an 18/17 SL Quarter and did that?)
Its a good idea at the beach to rake the sand on a blip-blip too, also could be a chain.
If that target turned out to be couple rusty items on a stainless key ring, would I still be a Despicable Knave ?
As for carrying a rake on the beach, you got me on that one. I seen guys using plastic rakes on the beach but they didn't have a scoop. I'll have to check that out clad

If that target turned out to be couple rusty items on a stainless key ring, would I still be a Despicable Knave ?
As for carrying a rake on the beach, you got me on that one. I seen guys using plastic rakes on the beach but they didn't have a scoop. I'll have to check that out clad
Be safe not sorry: careful retrieval of trash does not slow you. ( I knew a guy that turned a 1867 Seated dime into a hole filler in a coin album.) Its just a good habit that lessens the possibility of scratching a good find. (do you feel personal animus against trash?) :) Other guys mentioned to me raking through sand to see if its a chain, gold & silver both: I guess you could use fingers or your foot too, Not sure a fine chain will stay in a scoop.