Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Silvery first for me.

DigginDoc

My water machine is enroute to the md hospital so I decided to warm up the ETrac. Due to the tourist season I have spent the whole time at the beaches and in the water. Been discussing the Etrac lately with a friend who just got one so I loaded up Goes4ever's program and headed out to a favorite park. Got a few older coins and a bit of silver here in the past. A few coins in the pouch and I settle over a 01/42 with a high silver squeal to it. Solid in every way. Got me wondering because the numbers are different to me. 5 inches deep and the numbers don't change. I did remember some older silver US dollars (Peace Dollar and Morgan) were in that range on the ID charts but I'm still a novice with this machine and we wouldn't get many of those up here. I cut the plug and see a touch of silver in the hole. As I pick it up I can't believe the size. Biggest coin I have found. Beat up and obviously hit by a lawnmower so it is in rough shape. 1986 Vancouver BC World Exposition on it. I turn it over and see 999 Fine Silver. Loonie is for seeing the size. Shortly after a 1950 silver dime which I scratched beside George's head. I thank Goes4Ever for his site and those settings. My best silver coin or medal to date. Happy as a clam.:detecting:
Thanks for looking, good luck and stay safe. A big thank you to Goes4Ever for all the work he has put into his site.
Doc
[attachment 242891 IMG_6163.JPG]
[attachment 242892 IMG_6170.JPG]
[attachment 242893 IMG_6167.JPG]
[attachment 242894 IMG_6164.JPG]

Thanks everyone. I should say thanks to all the others that contribute to this site. I have learned a lot. :thumbup:
Doc