Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Sunday Dime Grand Slam!

floodplaindetector

All finds shown are from weekend hunts over the last 2 weekends at public sites. Machine used was my Minelab eTrac.
The dime grand slam came on the Sunday before last.
For those of you who do not know what a dime grand slam is, it is finding 4 different varieties of a dime in one day.
In this case I pulled multiple silver Roosevelt dimes, mercury dimes , the 1899 barber dime and the 1853 seated dime (with arrows variety) in the same day.

This last Sunday I pulled an interesting find that read like a deep nickle. It is that small "American Flyer" lead toy train.
From my research it is a 1920 Crackerjack toy made to commemorate Lionel Toy Train Company releasing their new Steeple Engine design train in 1920.
That large old flower pin was a deeper faint signal that read similar to an Indian Head Penny. I included a picture of that shortly after I dug it also.
That flower pin has some serious weight to it.
Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
3 silver quarters back to 1951
17 silver dimes back to 1853
1944 silver war nickel
Dateless and 1936 buffalo Nickel
1900 Indian head penny
36 Wheat pennies back to 1912
4 Jefferson nickels back to 1940

Other Finds
1920 "American Flyer" small lead toy train. American Flyer was a train made by Lionel Toy Train company.
large silver Agate ring
large ornate flower pin
1959 Half Buck play coin
smaller sterling ring
sterling religious medal
red ford pickup ("Lesney" brand; probably from the 1960s)
enameled makeup compact
old aluminum bracelet. After cleaning it has the words Serial No:, Blood Type: and Address: on one side of the face
1920s-30s 3 Merry Widows condum tin
musket ball
face from old rail road lock
aluminum personalized 4 leafed clover
assorted buttons & music reeds
SilverCoins.jpg
SeatedAndBarber.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
AmericanFlyerLeadTrain.jpg
LargeSilverRing.jpg
LargeOldPIn.jpg
OldPinShortlyAfterDigging.jpg
50CentPlayCoin.jpg
IndianAndNickels.jpg
FordPickupLesney.jpg

awesome ! Seated again.....date goes back before a fattie Indian....half dimes......would love to see a half dime found.....
Anyway nice finds.....actually super finds !
Swinging with Ole Stick in a field tomorrow ....trying out some new etrac setup....congrats on the finds !!!
A grand slam is a very difficult task to achieve !

All finds shown are from weekend hunts over the last 2 weekends at public sites. Machine used was my Minelab eTrac.
The dime grand slam came on the Sunday before last.
For those of you who do not know what a dime grand slam is, it is finding 4 different varieties of a dime in one day.
In this case I pulled multiple silver Roosevelt dimes, mercury dimes , the 1899 barber dime and the 1853 seated dime (with arrows variety) in the same day.

This last Sunday I pulled an interesting find that read like a deep nickle. It is that small "American Flyer" lead toy train.
From my research it is a 1920 Crackerjack toy made to commemorate Lionel Toy Train Company releasing their new Steeple Engine design train in 1920.
That large old flower pin was a deeper faint signal that read similar to an Indian Head Penny. I included a picture of that shortly after I dug it also.
That flower pin has some serious weight to it.
Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
3 silver quarters back to 1951
17 silver dimes back to 1853
1944 silver war nickel
Dateless and 1936 buffalo Nickel
1900 Indian head penny
36 Wheat pennies back to 1912
4 Jefferson nickels back to 1940

Other Finds
1920 "American Flyer" small lead toy train. American Flyer was a train made by Lionel Toy Train company.
large silver Agate ring
large ornate flower pin
1959 Half Buck play coin
smaller sterling ring
sterling religious medal
red ford pickup ("Lesney" brand; probably from the 1960s)
enameled makeup compact
old aluminum bracelet. After cleaning it has the words Serial No:, Blood Type: and Address: on one side of the face
1920s-30s 3 Merry Widows condum tin
musket ball
face from old rail road lock
aluminum personalized 4 leafed clover
assorted buttons & music reeds
View attachment 19475View attachment 19476View attachment 19477View attachment 19478View attachment 19479View attachment 19480View attachment 19481View attachment 19482View attachment 19483View attachment 19484
😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮
Incredible !!! Save some for someone else 🤭
🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Would you please quit making us folks out west cry, its not a pretty thing this early in the morning! Those are some nice finds, no arguments here!!!

You definitely know your ETrac well!!!
All these finds is not luck in my book, but persistence and skill!!!
Make me wonder how much stuff is still in the ground in all these “hunted out” places.
To be making finds like this consistently in public sites is incredible!!
Congrats on that grand slam!!!:please::please:

That is a grad slam""

Holy cow!!! That's out standing, that's quite the accomplishment, congrats on a job well done.

Thanks guys for the responses!
Chris, to answer your question, I have had only one other true dime grand slam over the years, also one that happened over a weekend and numerous times where I was one coin short.

Dave

Wow what a great hunt and terrific finds. Great job!!

Is there a possibility you could post a picture of your disc pattern you run along with your settings? I have an EX 2 I want to start using, thanks