Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Super Compadre

If only Tesoro would take notice.....................and then take action..................but we know they won't!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tesoro already has detectors similar to this. We all have favorite detectors and I love my Compadre. However I think the Compadre is almost perfect as it is for what it does and costs. Plus it gives guys like me something to tinker with. I could mod one to look like the one shown above without too much trouble. It would be fun. Unfortunatly companies have to turn a profit and putting out new detectors probably costs alot. Tesoro is doing a pretty good job in my opinion.

Thinking about getting a second hand Compadre. Assume
some of you guys still think it's a great machine for light
hunting. What would be a fair market value of a Compadre
of a few years old and in good condition ???
Thanks

n/t

It seems to me that there are not a lot of used Compadres for sale. Maybe because people don't want to part with them? I know I won't. Mine has been an excellent tool. I've seen used ones go for 100-130 on ebay. At that price, might as well just get a new one.

I don't think Tesoro needs to come out with anything new. All of their detectors kick butt just like they are. They'll run neck and neck with anything out there and the pricing can't be beat.

My 2 cents.

Super Compadre? What market and why? Why not get a Tejon or Vaq? Besides, a "Super Compadre" would no longer be a $180 basic, turn on and go machine. I see no value in it at all. JMHO.
BB

Already own one its a "Bandito" ( sorry couldnt resist) its the :devil: in me but I would like to own a Compadre with the 7 inch coil but they are like Hens teeth hard to locate

I'm with you, BarryL. I picked up a Bandito II

Looks like my Silver Sabre

There is a guy in the mods forum that is building a Compadre with a GB and sensitivity adjustment as well as switchable coils! I'm so tempted to mod one myself, but I never found out how his worked or even he even finished the project. The Tesoro's are so reliable, I wouldn't be too concerned about voiding the warranty. With adjustable ground balance, it would make a great backup nugget hunter!

I am one of the guys doing the Compadre mods. You can see my data on these posts. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?22,1942952 http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1926558,1932120#msg-1932120

machineman said:
I am one of the guys doing the Compadre mods. You can see my data on these posts. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?22,1942952 http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1926558,1932120#msg-1932120
Hey thanks for the link machineman! I was hoping to get a user's review of one of the GB modded Compadres, but haven't found any yet.

All metal toggle switch and the price would not have to go up. Done!!! That's all in needs. jmho Wheaty

all metal switch would be easy. Its accually a pretty good idea. I may put one on my waterproof compadre. That way I could pinpoint and switch between all metal and disc underwater. I could put in switches for different disc settings also. I will have to think about that.

I cant say enough about my headphone compadre with the 9x8 coil. I enjoy its performance and its nice being able to hunt in any weather with it. I'm considering adding a 12x10 to another compadre. 12KHZ with the 12x10 would be sweet. especially for relics.