Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A tale of two rings.....

JB(MS)

A few years ago a co-workers daughter was driving down a county road and tossed out an empty candy wrapper, and a gold ring with her birthstone slipped off her finger and went with the candy wrapper. Her dad asked me to see if I could find it, so after work I met the girl where she thought the ring should be. Fortunately, she had noticed she was passing a caution sign when she threw the wrapper out so I had a starting place. I found it in less than five minutes, about 10 feet down the road from the sign lying in the grass just off the shoulder of the road. Less than a month later I got a call from a lady in Tupelo, a town about 25 miles from where I live. She had done the same thing, thrown a chip bag out and lost a ring. I asked if she had an approximate location and she said yes, she knew exactly where it came off. She said it was somewhere on highway 78 between the east main street exit and the Natchez Trace Parkway. That's a distance of five miles, on a four lane highway. I respectfully declined to search for that one..

Thanks for the stories JB. Your 5 mile story reminds me of a time 5 of us were helping the police locate evidence from a murder along a country road. We walked a ditch for about a mile looking for a screwdriver from the victim with no luck. That was a lot of ground to cover for even 5 people.

I love reading these stories. Thanks for sharing them with us. HH, Nancy

In late January I and three other guys searched for a knife that was used to kill a man who lived here in town.. A woman who had been an accomplice to the murder was arrested and pointed out where the knife had been thrown away. She said it had been thrown off a bridge and would either be in about a 30 by 40 foot area on the east bank of the creek or in the creek. In addition to those of us using detectors, there were three divers and a guy in a boat with a magnet. The creek was about 20 feet wide, but only maybe 18 inches deep. We hunted the area several times with detectors running in all metal mode, but we didn't find the knife and neither did the divers or the guy with the magnet. She also pointed out where they disposed of the body, but 40 people and three cadaver dogs didn't find the body either.

A kind of funny story. After we finished detecting the area we searched we went on the bridge and was talking to the officers. One of the divers who had just come out of the creek came up and said there were coins everywhere in the creek, mostly half dollars and quarters. He was BS'ing, but some of the guys got really excited before he admitted he was fibbing. Link is to a January article in a local newspaper about the murder.

Newspaper Article