Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a token. a 5th annual. & a date

GoVidGo

I was hunting a Pittsburgh, PApark today with my V3i and found, what I thought was a copper dogtag or ID tag. I could tell it was old because it was very deep and totally green coated and in bad shape.

No good picture of it so you can see the details. and wording.

I took it home and soaked it and slowly and lightly rubbed it with a light brush until I could make out what it said. I had to use a loop under a light. I stopped trying to clean it because it was to the point of where I could make out the wording, but was going to start getting worse and I'd totally ruin it. Across the top, and in an arc it says "5TH ANNUAL CONVENTION" and straight across the bottom it says "SEPT 5-10, 1904".
There is also something in the middle but I can not make it out. probably a logo or something. Nothing on back or it is worn clear. It's about the size of a military dog tag. Copper.

Any ideas?

I am sure something significant on that date in history?

Here is a newspaper from 1904 advertizing a fair for the same days as your token lists. It could be coincidence but it seems unlikely.
Big Free Street Fair, Paducah, Ky., Sept. 5-10, 1904

On the other hand, I don't know if "convention" would be the right word for this 'fair'. Perhaps, this is the wrong direction to search after all.