Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A vast wasteland

MrGee

I got permission from a friend to search her yard and to my surprise when she started pointing things out, it's about 3 normal city lots, stacked up behind the house. Went there this morning and spent about 3 hours in the back yard and found......absoultely nothing! It' s like noone ever lived there. In the 3 hours I found 1 pull tab, 2rusty nails and about a dozen scraps of aluminum from siding. There were a half dozen scraps of rusty metal that could be anything and - oh yeah - 1 (count em) 1 penny. Other than that, nada. The house was built around 1950 and they raised several kids there. There wasn't any fill added after the house was built, so where did everything go? I never saw anything like it!. I'm going back tomorrow to do the front yard, but after today I'm not sure I have mjuch hope.

MrGee

That's funny! All the time I was there, I kept glancing down to make sure it was on. I went back today and did the front yarrd and it was the same thing. It's like nobody ever went into the lawn at all. It's a pretty large front yard and I think I dug about 8 signals in the whole area...most were foil and one was a dime. almost 5 hours and I came away with one penny and one dime. Nothing else worth carrying home.

MrGee

Looks to me it was detected clean before.

It might not have hunted before, might just be that the people that lived there were penny pinchers. My grandmas yard is the exact same way, nothing. I have only found 1 penny in a few yrs of trying to get something out of it and a very small amount of trash. Less than a handful. Even under the clothesline I didn't find anything. When I asked my grandma if it had ever been hunted before she said no.

Her last name isn't "Garrett", is it? :huh:

It's never been detected before, but I'm told that they were seldom seen around the house, so maybe they really didn't use the lawn much. There is a cement slab in the back yard where "grandma" used to live in a trailer. I followed the stone path between the house and the trailer very carefully...nothing. Also went under the clothesline carefully...nothing. And I had sush hopes for a virgin, undisturbed lawn. I guess we all cant be winners all the time.

MrGee

Its like spinning the roulette wheel you never know what it'll be till you dig it.:unsure:
Next site may be the one:thumbup: