Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A very tiny and thin brass tax token...

REVIER

I have found more than my share of aluminum tax tokens from my state, some good and most wrecked, but I always wished they made brass ones here.
Surprised the heck out of me when I found one, a token I never knew existed despite all my research on tax tokens from this state.
Made by the Osborne Register Co...as far as I can tell only in 1937-1938 in a lot of 5 million.
The aluminum ones numbered many, many millions more.
One token site rates it in the 50's from 1-100 where low numbers are the most common and the high numbers are the most rare.
I see several have been sold for over $20 on Ebay...not just offered but sold.
I guess collectors are willing to pay a premium to get this one for a collection.

It is smaller than a dime, thinner than a dime and the Nox found it in my challenging mineralized dirt surrounded by iron at about 5-6" .
Hit very hard in the audio and at a very solid 10-11 from every direction with the standard coil...I was hoping for a weird old nickel but this is way better because nobody I know around here has found one nor have I seen anybody post about finding one on any forum.

Gives me hope that if a tiny $1 gold coin is out there and I am lucky enough to roll over it I will notice and dig it.

Attachments

• Tokenanddime.jpg
    Tokenanddime.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Token1.jpg
    Token1.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Token2.jpg
    Token2.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Thanks...I love surprises!

Even the 600 is hitting small things hard no doubt the EQ is a good machine and it can handle some fairly mineralized dirt

I have found more than my share of aluminum tax tokens from my state, some good and most wrecked, but I always wished they made brass ones here.
Surprised the heck out of me when I found one, a token I never knew existed despite all my research on tax tokens from this state.
Made by the Osborne Register Co...as far as I can tell only in 1937-1938 in a lot of 5 million.
The aluminum ones numbered many, many millions more.
One token site rates it in the 50's from 1-100 where low numbers are the most common and the high numbers are the most rare.
I see several have been sold for over $20 on Ebay...not just offered but sold.
I guess collectors are willing to pay a premium to get this one for a collection.

It is smaller than a dime, thinner than a dime and the Nox found it in my challenging mineralized dirt surrounded by iron at about 5-6" .
Hit very hard in the audio and at a very solid 10-11 from every direction with the standard coil...I was hoping for a weird old nickel but this is way better because nobody I know around here has found one nor have I seen anybody post about finding one on any forum.

Gives me hope that if a tiny $1 gold coin is out there and I am lucky enough to roll over it I will notice and dig it.
I dug a brass Alabama 5mil token here in my town. It was found at the edge of a field next to what is now a interstate. Sounded really good too! Especially after digging trash/iron
20191105_052606.jpg
Screenshot_20190830-201003_Chrome.jpg

That is a cool token. I really like tokens but have only dug a couple.
Congrat's to you on the find and Save of the Token. Well Done.

Thanks guys, I now have a collection of one of these...now that I know what it looks and sounds like Maybe I can find a few more.