Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A word of warning.

JohnApthorp

Last year I buried 3 of my best friends - each died about 3 months apart. I hope & pray that this year will be better, but...
late last year I posted a blog warning people about the fragility of the Garrett AT Pros & the AT Gold detectors.
I had just leant my wife's detector on the front of my 4WD. I shut the car door & the detector fell onto the ground & snapped the head/control box off the stem - it was held on by 2 small screws & screwed into 2 flimsy mounting brackets.
The bottom line - I stuffed the wife's detector.

Fast forward to 2014. I answered a knock on the door. A friend wanted to borrow my AT Gold for the weekend.
OK, I said but be careful. I told him the story of my wife's detector.

You guessed it. Today I went & picked up the 2 pieces of my AT Gold.

Once again. Be careful with the AT series of detectors - don't drop, hit or dump them - don't even pass wind. They have a VERY WEAK design feature.

J.A.

John, If YOU have the Money, You should consider Buying a AT Series Rods By Plugger!! They are SOLD by one of our forum sponsors "INDIAN NATIONS Detector Sales" owned
by Chuck Marcum!! Chuck is a Real Gentlemen, and Great to DEAL with!! He has EXCELLENT Pictures of the rods, and I have (2) of PLUGGERS RODS for my AT-Pro, and an EXCAL!! Hope this HELPS, Les Robinson.

I've owned 3 AT Pro and never had a thing break. I don't treat the AT Pro's any different than my other detectors. Although I don't throw them around or let them drop.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?79,1911950,1912343#msg-1912343

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes that's gotta suck big time........Hopefully the problem will be rectified in the future (soon). All said, my ATP is still going strong. I must have a super strong machine because mine has been through some nasty punishment. All the best and future good fortune.
Cheers!

Sorry to hear of your loss...Man, John, I hope 2014 is a good year for you...
Mud

Sorry about your friends and broken AT series detectors. In my opinion, my AT Pro is fantastic and just as tough as other brands out there. I think any detector subjected to falls and abuse will break appropriately to level of abuse imposed.

aj

I have had my Pro for a year and a1/2 and my Gold for almost a year and they been good so far. I hope after the warranty runs out they last for much longer .

Sorry for the loss of your friends and the trouble you've had with your At/Pro & At/Gold. I've dropped my several times and even fell on it once at the river. It sure hurt me and I'm 260 lbs and it survived this and several falls by the car on an asphalt surface. Guess it just fell right not to break. I did break the coil bolt at the river without a spare and now carry several extra bolts, but that was my fault. Good luck this year & HH.

Hey, leave my machine supported to open the gate of my car, the machine was sliding slowly across the bodywork, writing his signature:angry:, and hit the ground ... the LCD screen was broken:sadwalk:, but continued to operate the AT PRO ... a diamond is too fragile ...

Sorry for the loss of your friends. A man is luckey to have 3 good friends.
I have a bounty hunter to loan to my friends maybe thats why I don't have many.

jarrow said:
note to self bounty hunter to loan to my friends :rofl:

jarrow said:

I have a Tesoro Compadre I loan my friends due to the fact it has a lifetime warranty. I have never had the first problem with my At's and I'm sure if I do Garrett customer service will treat me good.

I try to set mine so it can't fall over. Been lucky so far I guess.