Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

About Silver...

Lubelaczek

I just started hunt in new (for me) area. State Park. It is probable one of oldest that I can access at this time. It produced so far a lot of junk ringing around 12-20, 12 30, 12-39. There are some clads also. My question is: What is an indicator of possible silver in any area, not only this park. Clad is dated around 1960-70-80

I suspect that finding some wheats at least gets you into the silver era. Their presence opens the possibility of silver rosies and silver washington's in the area. If you can get a read on the history of the park and whether or not there was something else there prior to the state park, you'd get some idea whether or not there are older silvers there as well. I'd keep looking. A silver dime will show up sooner or later.:thumbup:

One did show up to me but not there. That was The One - the first one ever but was in front of my house not in that park. Just got hooked and now I am crazy to find more.
So you say wheats are good indicator for possible silver. Anything else may be a good sign?

I know that hooked feeling.....If you find coins that are the 60s and down there is a chance for silver.A visual indicator can be Very Large trees,Old buildings/structures....Waterways used to be a mode of travel back in the day..those are good spots.Train tracks can lead to older sites.Old parks..Schools also.You can Usually look at the school to get an idea of the age.Boy/Girl scout camps Are great(permission only Normally).Old homes ofcourse.Also over looked areas most people dont think to detect can Be the strips of Lawn between the sidwalk and street in cities/Towns.Now most Places dont have a problem with this,BUT its wise to check 1st if these strips are in front of peoples homes.If you do this be sure To leave no sign you were(Dig Careful).Old maps are a great way to find sites,Google earth can Help out alot too.There are alot of helpful people on the forum that will have many suggestions as well im sure.Good luck ,Have fun.HH

It is sad that: What lies in ground "have to be preserved" from us. I did write once a nasty post about it. So nasty it got deleted from forum. The thing is: The (so called) Archaeologists don't want anybody to touch stuff that is buried in the ground or hidden somehow. They are afraid that our "incompetence" will destroy it. But what if nobody will ever find it. It will turn to dust, right? Way to go, preserve everything. Sorry just couldn't help to keep the steam in....

This is for all of you that feel preservation is first priority: How about special camps, gathering us MD's and other hobbyists to search for "treasures" together. Under your supervision so we can learn and help. How simple is that. It is so much easier to set prohibition. Didn't we have learn that lesson already?