Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ABOUT THE TRX

Robert2300

I've been getting a lot of feed back regarding the TRX
and it's depth. It sounds indcredible.

So the signal/ground penetration is ONLY at the tip?
It doesn't have a side scan like my Propointer?

I just watched a video demonstrating the TRX. It is incredible and
unblievable at the same time. Looks like I'll have to same my
pennies and use the Pro P{ointer as a back up.
Robt2300

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?31,2032402

well I can tell you the TRX will detect the wires in my chest where I am wired back together from open heart surgery. the Garrett pro pointer will not do that I have tried several time since I got my trx verses the garrett and still the same everytime.

Hi Pen-----man, I have a metal plate in the back of my neck, and the TRX will sound of loud and clear. I used my TRX in a lake water hunting and it did fine, i did keep my finger over the speaker holes. Still works today so i think it is water proof. Don,t try it and blame me, but mine works. Flintstone

If it leaks it will be at the rubber switch cover, not the speaker hole. That's why it is only claimed to be weatherproof.

Got real dirty today - using TRX saved a lot of time & frustration in nailing elusive targets. Performance is as promised by White's. :)

Does the TRX have the vibration mode also. I wear headphones
and would have to rely on that feature.:unsure:

Yes. And you can choose whether or not you want audio with your vibration mode.

Joel-Winnipeg said:
Does the TRX have the vibration mode also. I wear headphones
and would have to rely on that feature.:unsure:

Thank you ak 1234 :thumbup:

The TRX is as good as the user and what is learned while using it. It all starts with faith in Whites and their improvements on what is already on the market in that category and goes from there.
Tip sensitivity, sensitivity adjustments (without a sliding coin), vibrate, sound, either or both,and ground balance. Unlike the GPP the TRX needs to be turned on and kept away from the target area
until beeps are done telling you it is ready for use or it will ground balance the target out. Old habits are hard to break but once you get used to it, no problem. Check out the internet, someone is
finding and explaining things about this pointer that whites doesn't at this time.

I want one , whites has a real winner .

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought i read somewhere the TRX has adjustable sensitivity, mine does not indicate that no way shape or form. Am i missing something or did i dream that up?

Yowow

Your TRX is just like all the others............ did you follow the instructions?

TRX instructions for configuration adjustment (sensitivity and audio frequency)
There is a sensitivity control on the TRX. Here are the general settings for sensitivity - the default is 3. Intended to be about 3.5". Sensitivity 1 = Bullseye II depth (about 1"), sensitivity 2 = Green pinpointer depth (about 2"), sensitivity 4 = around 4-4.5" - and it is likely to false on this setting, but some areas may be able to use it. It's not in the manual obviously. But here is how to get there:
First option:
1) Go into config (press and hold the button through the power down beep until you get to the taDAH beep for config).
2) Release and repress the button. Hold the button for 5 seconds. The indicators will indicate your sensitivity setting. The first set of beeps will indicate your current sensitivity setting (you should hear 3 beeps for the default sensitivity being 3). The next set of beeps will be the next one (4 beeps for sens 4), the next will be the next one (wrap around to 1 beep for sens 1). Release the button at the sensitivity level you want to be at. Might help you out in the tot lots.

-OR-

If you find yourself wanting to change sensitivity more than once and you want it on the "main menu" without that 5 second delay, there is a test mode which all it does is move the "menus" around.
1) Go to config mode
2) Release the button and then press and release 3 times.
3) Wait for config exit - you should get a dadadaDAH jingle.
Now your menus are switched around unless you do a factory reset (more later)
4) Go to config mode
5) Keep holding the button down - the sensitivity is the first menu rather than the indicators. release the button when you get to the sensitivity you want.

In this mode, the first menu is sensitivity. 2nd menu (release button after config and press and hold) is the indicator adjust. 3rd menu (release button after config, press and release once and then press and hold) is audio adjust. This adjusts the frequency of your audio - so if you hear a lower frequency better than the one that the pinpointer is set to, you can find one that might be better. It has a very limited range, so it's possible that there won't be any difference.

If you want to put it back to the menu system that it came with, you can do a factory reset. This will reset everything - except the audio frequency - back to how it came from the factory. Go to config, release and press the button 6 times.

Thanks Larry, I didn't read those instructions, cause they weren't included with my TRX, But i printed a copy you posted, so i have them now. Thank you very much.