Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Absolutely BIZARRE air test finding!!

IDXMonster

I wanted to test all the single freq responses. This particular test...
5khz
Sens 20
Auto NC(forget what channel it selected)
5 tone
Recovery 5
IB 0
Highest bin 18-50
Stock coil

Coins tested...
1896 Indian
Good condition zinc
Merc
Rosie
Wheat

Ready? All coins read to 8-9” with a clean response EXCEPT!!....the zinc wouldn’t read AT ALL!! No numbers or low tone of any kind unless I had the coin right up 1” away from the coil,and even then it was just a stutter with no numbers. Trust me,I have NO complaint with this situation! Would someone please explain WHY???

Hi,
you didn't mention what mode you were using: Park1 etc. Also, I think you meant-highest bin 18 to 40 which would mean a zinc penny would be a high tone???

I tried your settings in both Park and Field modes. Zinc penny responded like all of the other targets out to about 9" with the stock coil.

So, unless you had zinc penny disked out somehow without knowing it, I see no reason why zincs would not be be heard normally.

Jeff

Didn't have a ring on, did you??

(I've had some bizarro air tests when I forgot to take mine off.)

Thanks for the ideas guys...my horseshoe was engaged and it just so happens for SOME reason that one notch is disced. Duh. I normally run with NO disc so it threw me for a loop. Once I disengaged the horseshoe it comes in also...
Receding into the woodwork now....:)